Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Another day in mundaneness

It is amazing that my life is so busy, yet it really seems like I am doing nothing. If someone asks, what did you do? I usually respond, not much. But then I start to think and it is like, but I was so busy? Hmmm. I guess I measure things different when I am talking in my head versus talking with someone else.

Anyway, this month appears to be quite busy - this weekend, I am going to the Tyrant concert at the Union (I know people in the band and crew - not because I remember anything done by Judas Priest or Iron Maiden); Saturday is a possible friend's staggette the involves lots of dancing; Sunday, friends come over for gaming. The 20th is a bbq here; the 21st is the wedding; on the 25th, another wedding on webcast; then the following weekend is a girls' night; and the next is the tournament. Yeah. Quite busy. Lots of preparing of food. :)

My garden is actually growing vegetables! This is amazing because last year, I grew weeds. This year, I have actually managed to pull most of the weeds. So there are 3 rows of carrots, 3.5 rows of lettuce and I hate to think how many onions are growing. Thankfully, the onions and carrots are for my parents as well. They live in a condo now, so they supply part of the seeds on the condition that they get to harvest some. Now if I get them to help with the weeding more. :) I have been enjoying fresh lettuce and onion tops. Nummy! Of course next year I will have to remember to plant the lettuces at least two weeks apart, cause I have lettuce EVERY day right now and I still can't keep up.

Today's recipe is Banana Bread. It's great in winter, but sometimes when it is cooler in summer, I like to bake and use up the frozen bananas in the freezer.

1/2 C - margarine or butter (I like mine softened)
1 C - sugar.

Cream these together with an electric mixer.
Add in

2 eggs
1 C mushed, ripe bananas

Mix all together with electric mixer. (This is my trick as the mixing actually makes the bananas go throughout the mix, instead of just chunks.)

Now technically you are supposed to add the above into the below mixture, but I like one dish mixing, so I add the following into the mushed mixture.

1 1/3 C - flour
1 t - baking soda
1/2 t - baking powder
1/2 t - salt

Mix again, making sure the mixture is even in texture and colour. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

When using frozen bananas, remove skin before it completely thaws as having to squirt the banana out of the skin is rather icky.

It is close to bedtime here. So I have to go and make my lunch and tidy before bed. According to the Queen of Clean, a clean sink is a good way to end the night. Eh, at least it makes it bearable to look at in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home