Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Life gets busier, but nothing happens

So I didn't go to Tyrant as my cohorts had hurt their knee and had a migraine respectively. Instead, me and a friend went to Kingdom of Heaven and then Applebees. As for Kingdom of Heaven, I must say I adore Orlando Bloom. He is wonderful. His acting was great and then he took his clothes off. That scene was far too short. It was a good movie though and it brought up a lot of interesting points to be discussed with friends. Afterwards, we went to Applebees which was good, but after the popcorn and pop (which amazingly lasted me for the whole movie), we couldn't finish the sample platter between the two of us. The following night was the possible staggette, but due to a lack of desire on my friend's part, was replaced with Cheesecake Cafe with some of my other friends. And it was fun. We talked and laughed and ate cheesecake. How could you go wrong?

Sunday was spent shopping for World of Weed (aka World of Warcraft) figures for a wedding gift. No such luck. When we finally found a shop that sold them, they were sold out. So I am thinking of printing a bunch of pictures from Weed and using it as the wedding gift paper. They'll get the joke.

This weekend which was booked as my off weekend has now become busier. Friday night is my friends' staggettes. Due to my intiative, it is for both of my friends who get married this month. Unfortunately, their timing for what date worked for them is of course not conducive to most of our friends, so it may be a slow night of dancing with few appearances.

Speaking of weddings, I have one more wedding gift to get and I am out of ideas. The list the bride and groom made was rather lacking... in ideas. It was either really inexpensive, silly stuff or really expensive items. Not a lot in between. So I got one thing off of the list and now I am stumped.

Did you know the Wine Gums can be moldy? Or at least that is what I am assuming the white stuff on it was. Wasn't going to taste it to find out. Kinda gross. Kinda not wanting wine gums right now.

So I have been thinking alot about cooking lately. Cause goodness knows, I hate doing it. And I was remembering that when I cooked for one, I used to fry a hamburger patty and cut it into pieces in the frying pan with a bunch of spices, then serve it over rice and veggies. And it was like a poor person's stir fry. I have tried to reproduce this since, but I honestly cannot remember what spices I used. I know I used chili powder and garlic powder, but there were about 3 more and every time I try to imagine what was in my spice cabinet then, my mind goes blank. It was the best meal though. I would eat that so often. It was fast, cheap and good. Now I am so dependent on cream of mushroom soup. I wish you could get cream of chicken soup in the bulk aisle, cause that would give me options. I use mushroom soup in so much - with one pot rice dishes, my potato chip tuna casserole, hamburger helperish meals and occasionally, even as soup.

My current favorite "pull a meal out of your arse" meal is my dad's famous tomato soup and pasta. You could only do kraft dinner (except it was the no name brand, not actually kraft) so many times, then dad would step up and the next thing you knew, there would be pasta boiling in a pot, he would drain it, add a can of tomato soup and water and then top it off with pepper. Now a days I add shredded cheese to the top as well. It is so nummy. Lately, I have been craving that more often. It has all your essential nutrients - pasta, veggies (tomato soup is made of tomatoes), dairy (milk for creaminess) and protein (cheese). How could you go wrong? Did I ever mention that I am really good with rationalization. Heehee.

Anyway, I should return to straightening out the finances. I haven't updated my account book in a few weeks, so I should do that. Might find some extra money lying around. It's a hope. And all we can do is hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home