Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nummy!

I know I haven't been all that consistent with the domestic part of my entries. Although goodness knows, I have been very domestic at home. Almost to the point of too domestic...

However, I made this meal tonight and while D complained about the onion (as per usual), this turned out fabulous, so I had to share. Oh and don't try to tell me it's unhealthy - it tastes too good to be equivalent to a salad, but I don't care. Life is all about moderation and variety.

Bacon Potato Chowder (from Campbell's Slow Cooker Recipes)
Makes 8 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 3-4 hours

4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or get the jar of bacon pieces from the salad dressing aisle and estimate)
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup) (I only used half of a medium since D hates onions)
4 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
4 soup cans milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 3 cups) (I used 3 large potatoes and next time I will probably use 4 - make sure you cut them small)
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (mine were fresh from the garden)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used a shredded pizza mix cheese)

1. Stir the bacon, onion, soup, milk, black pepper, potatoes and 1/4 cup chives in a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender (hence the cutting small).
3. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve with the remaining chives.

What a perfect meal for a blistery day like today. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home