Thursday, July 12, 2012

Travel journal entry June 3, 2012 or A nice slow start to the tour

No hot breakfast for me. I still ate too much.

Then it was off for our city tour, which ended the morning at the castle. The castle is cool. We saw most of it. The views are amazing! We took pictures from the top of most of the canons.

In the afternoon, we did Britannia, which was interesting but less so than the castle. We walked a bit through the mall and grabbed a couple of Paninis for lunch. Afterwards, we walked Princes street – got D some fancy gloves and me some cashmere gloves. It was actually cold enough that I regretted forgetting to bring my teeny dollar store gloves. And we were a bit worried it would colder in the Orkneys. We also visited the Art gallery, where we met some interesting young men from Germany. Finally, I broken down and had some ice cream. It was as good as I thought (and it certainly was not ice milk.) Now we are off to the Scottish dinner and cabaret.

The dinner show was interesting (yes, my favorite word). The food was delish/fantastic. D had the seafood and I had the beef. Haggis tasted really good, just like a peppery, gamier meat loaf. Neep and Tatties are just turnips and mashed potatoes. The things we learn.

It was a late night though. Afterwards, D and I walked towards the castle to get some shots in the dark as there was a full moon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home