Monday, August 29, 2005

I must have nummy blood!

What a weekend. Friday, D finished the last game of the LARP event and it was supposedly wonderful and emotional. All I know is the write up before the game was 31 pages (when in size 10) and after over 2 hours of reading it aloud, my voice was hoarse. It was interesting and compelling and even for someone not involved, it was good. However, that night, I had gone to bed before midnight and D woke me up coming home at 3 am. And wanted to talk. Fortunately for D, I reminded that work was a middle shift so D got to sleep. I, on the other hand, couldn’t fall back asleep. Sucky! Saturday was spent doing some shopping at the Re-Store and I bought a labeler. I gave into my urge and now I can label everything. Bwahahahaha! Another late night though, cause we ordered dinner and my first meal was done incorrect, so an hour later, I received the second one. Evil BPs.

And Sunday. We managed to snag a new mattress pad for the bed. The disadvantage of having a unique bed is that it can be difficult to find replacements for the basics. Then the Social Event of the Season. That was fabulous. Lots of talking, eating, hanging out. It is nice to be reminded of all the people you do know and talk to, even though you don’t see them a lot. It was wonderful, but it was an early evening for me as I was exhausted. The horrible thing was that the mosquitoes have once again decided that I am nummy! At least 4 more bites last evening. This time on my shoulders, which thankfully don’t get annoyed as easily as my knees. Still, itchy!

Next weekend is a tournament. Possibly the Sunday gang may be meeting up on Monday to get together and catch up. Though I enjoy Sunday nights usually, I must admit, having the last few weekends off has been nice. Don’t have to rush, for the most part, and we have been able to hang out with other friends.

This Tuesday is another trip to Cheesecake Café. I love that place. New group of friends to meet there and catch up. So exciting.

Domestically, this Saturday I also swept the garage and installed some hangy things, so the bike is off the ground, the ladder can go on the wall as can the excess baseboards. The garage looks soooo good. Sometimes, I amaze myself.

Horrible news, my car got a ding in the bumper sometime between Saturday afternoon when I washed it (after sweeping the garage, of course) and today after work. I am peeved. It was so pretty, and now there a big mark and the paint chipped. Wish I knew who the rude person was.

Off to make supper. Have to empty the freezer some within the next two weeks as the garden needs to be brought in. Oops! Heehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home