Sunday, April 04, 2010

You win. I am bored to death.

4 days off. 4 days with nothing too strenuous planned, but there are a few plans each day to give me a reason to get up. Day 3 – the mall is closed and I am bored. I mean, seriously, I had just two places I had to go and few others to waste some time, before stopping at the food court for supper. But the mall is closed. I was able to stop at the bank, but nothing else. Even tried a freestanding store and it was closed as well. Sighhhh. I had been standing up for the stores who would not be open on Easter Sunday as it was respectful to their staff. Every one needs a day off. But now that my plans are shot, what am I to do? I am so close to finishing a couple of projects, but I need a couple more items. Sighhhh.

Yes – you read that correctly – I am actually completing projects…oooh! How exciting eh? Teehee. I went through my recipes and tossed a few I would never make and organized the rest into binders. Well – almost. I need more page protectors. This will make things so much neater and hopefully, easier to find. Hopefully.

I also have organized all the gaming cards (for the miniatures) into a binder (luckily, found some more card pages so I could finish). Now, just to go through and ensure we still have the miniatures. It will be nice to be able to know at a glance if we have something.

So two long-standing projects are getting done. Several more to go, but it’s a start. D and I went to Michael’s on Friday with a lovely coupon for 15% off your entire purchase, including sale items, and I bought a bunch more things for my projects since they were already on sale – it was a wonderful coupon.

Now I am wasting time on the computer, because I don’t want to do my other project for this weekend – wiping down the fridge. Oh yes, spring has sprung and with it the spring-cleaning commences. Joy. Sometimes it feels like it is pointless – I spent a couple of hours yesterday reorganizing the laundry/pantry/workshop/storage room. I swear I just did that a couple of months ago. Do I hope it will stay this way? I keep trying different storage solutions in hopes that someday, something might just work. Really, I need to redo the room – make the shelves wider and redo the built in desk. But that is so far down the list of renos, I just need to work with what I got.

Talked to the neighbors today (can always tell when the weather gets nicer – you start seeing the neighbors again). We were discussing what we each wanted to do around our yards and houses and how the most important thing holding us back is money and to some extent, time.

And it doesn’t help with the spring-cleaning I am seeing more and more things we need to replace. D needs new work clothes. I need new shoes. Speaking of which, I need to throw a load of laundry in. Oops.

Okay, I am back. Our roof is starting to show wear, but I don’t dare mention that to D. My dad wants to tear down our shed. Which means we would need to replace it. If it is smaller that what we have now, then we need to extend the fence.

I swear, sometimes, it feels like a big domino effect. Do one thing, which leads to another and so on and so on.

Anyway, back to 4 days off. I love long weekends. I made sure I have a few 4-day weekends this year. Whoohoo! Tomorrow, I am probably going shopping with mom. See what interesting places we will go. What interesting things I will try not to buy. Teehee.

Alright – it looks like my download is almost done. I suppose I should go think about supper – since the mall being closed ruined that plan. Sighhhh. I suppose I should be happy the mall was closed – I wasn’t able to have a slush float. No unnecessary calories for that. Sighhhh.

Hey maybe someday, I will update this with more recipes - ohhh - did I mention the new recipe for a cheesecake mousse. Oh my goodness - it is heavenly. I could eat the entire bowl myself. Sighhhh. Soon, I might provide that recipe. Teehee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home