Friday, July 09, 2010

There is just one summer this year; make the most of it.

And so we are off – parties, weeding, catching up, trying to get some sleep, heat, thunder storms, running to close windows, unplugging computers, running to open windows to capture the elusive breeze, turning the table fan on, insect stings, heat exhaustion, debating on the degree of nakedness required, extra showers in cold water, bbqing, melting, freezies, slurpees, cravings for fruits/veggies/simple carbs. Yes – summer is here alright.

Take the July long weekend – yes, I took Friday off to make it a long weekend. My plans – a nice relaxing weekend. A couple opportunities to see some friends, some down time. Instead – less than a week’s notice for D’s parentals coming in means a less than a week of cleaning, then they arrive, bbq on Friday night, up early to spend time with them and make pancakes, 4 hours of shopping in used goods stores, bbq at another friend’s house, home early for cat, spend time with parentals, up early on Sunday to see them off, attempt to get more sleep, try to get energy to clean house and prep for people coming over Sunday night, people over, up late, Monday is back to work.

This week after work has been spent cleaning and vegging because I have no energy – I am not sleeping well, the heat is melting all of my energy, and I am craving food constantly to try to keep my energy up. Today, I gave up – I woke up with a headache after not sleeping well and I called in sick. I went back to sleep until the big thunderstorm let loose right overhead. That was nice, but now it is hot and humid and my energy is flagging again. I am debating taking nap. A friend is coming over for supper (haven’t prepped anything at all for that), then tomorrow is friends coming over at 1, then a bbq at another friend’s place at 4. Sunday will be spent weeding and catching up on all the outside chores – again. Every weekend this month is filled with something. And I want to attend all of them; I do. I just need to get some sleep – get some energy. I can’t depend on simple carbs to get me through the day. It doesn’t help around 9:30 each evening, the temperature cools and that is when I start getting more energy. I could be exhausted at 7:00, but if I am still up at 10, I am starting to get my second wind. Arghhhh!

My ‘getting in touch with your inner bitch’ calendar had the greatest line last Friday.
You can skip any and all of the parties on your schedule this weekend, unless you really want to attend – though it might be weird to not show up at a party you’re hosting.

Teehee.

New person started at work this week. I ran into her as we were both arriving on her second day and she asked me if Oko was a negative person. I got to explain to her that we are all quite negative right now at work – due to the stress, the lack of decent leadership, etc. I told her I was trying to stay positive, but I can honestly say, Monday afternoon I was ready to go to another department and say “please take me now.” It is so draining to be at work. The heat makes it draining at home. It would be $10K to get a new furnace and air conditioner. Right now, I am tempted to say screw the trip to Scotland/Ireland – let’s get the air conditioner. I know this will pass. I know it is partly brought on by not enough sleep. I just feel so tired.

Anyway, I should go finish the laundry I didn’t do yesterday and start prepping for supper. I am thinking something easy – bbq chicken, baby potatoes in oil and garlic on the bbq, some steamed carrots, and salad. Sounds easy and yummy. Whoot!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home