Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crazy. Trampy. What’s not to love?

Ahhh Happy bunny – how you make my day… :)

1 week of holidays down – back to work on Monday. Joy. I can honestly say the week before I left was a time when I did not love my job in any aspect. It is ridiculous what these people expect from me, knowing I am on holidays and that I come back for one day before 2 days of training which is followed by me facilitating training the next day. After I make all the copies for the training, I get an email (technically when I was off) stating 3 more people were being added and one taken away. So now I have to go through all my print outs and see if I estimated enough (cause you know I printed a couple of extra copies). I have to do that on the day I get back, when I will have a week’s worth of emails to read, print out tons of material to read for the 2 day training session, and my co-facilitator wants to talk, and there will be all the complicated situations I need to resolve, and… yep – not loving the job right now.

My holidays were pretty good, even if I didn’t get to do everything I wanted. I felt like it was mostly spent buying things and putting them together. Last week, when just D was off, we started putting the railing on the deck – 2.5 hours later and only a third was done. Needless to say, I didn’t cook that day as we ran out to get Wendy’s to tide our starving bellies. Then we bought new patio furniture last weekend and put it together - well, D put it together while I weeded the front garden. Then we bought a bbq and put that together – yes both of us. We almost killed each other, but managed not to – teehee. I broke down all the boxes and recycling and stuff – alone. Those boxes are big! Of course, the goal was to have a bbq tomorrow to celebrate the new deck and D’s b-day, but that was nixed by my parentals. Oy! Today, we actually used the bbq and it made delicious hotdogs, sautéed onions, and toasted buns. Thankfully we got it all set up – because the rest of the month is a lot of bbq meals. I hate cooking inside when it is hot.

It is getting hot. I slept like crap last night (even though it was fresh sheet day) partly due to the heat and partly my head just would not shut up. I have been carrying on this storyline in my dreams and last night when I was supposed to be falling asleep, I was in this deep discussion about some previous incident that had never been resolved and had to be. Yes, this all happened in my dreams. It was rather frustrating. I tried to switch thoughts, but it was like my head decided we needed to figure it out right then. Oy!

Weeding is done in most of the garden areas – the areas left are just some side/flower gardens and at the garbage cans where raspberry bushes and some kind of tree have decided to grow. We visited Ikea and hardly spent anything. Got some clothes at International Clothiers in South Edmonton Common – suit jackets (some with vests) for $39!!! I managed not to spend anything at HMV. (WTF??? Am I not feeling well?) I have completely watched the last half of Season 1 and all of Season 2 of United States of Tara (Love this show!!). And found out there will be a second season of Hung – so the PVR is all set to tape that. The PVR is less than 50% full right now – rockin!!

Pretty much the only things I didn’t do that I wanted were – visit Whyte Ave (though we drove down it or past it several times), filing, put away books, and more sewing. So overall, not bad.

One more day to relax and then it is back to work. Just have to survive this week and then it is a 3-day week as I was smart and took July 2 off so 4-day weekend for me. Whoot! Now to decide what we should do on July 1…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home