Friday, August 03, 2012

Travel Journal Entry June 8, 2012 Or My writing continues to be sketchy

It was a late morning start. We spent a bit of time shopping in Portree. I picked up some lovely jewelry. A funny fact – you shop for your real estate at the same place as you buy your meat – the butcher’s. Hilarious!

We then went over to the MacDonald Clan Museum for scones. Yum - even though I picked out all the raisins.

Then we took the ferry to Mallaig. What a nice ride – very calm, easy, but noisy.
From there, we took the Hogwart’s Express train… whoot! (Editor’s note: We got excellent pictures of the viaduct both coming towards and leaving. Note: do not open the windows when you go through tunnels on this train. It is a coal burning train and hence all the smoke from the burning coal goes into the car and you choke on the fumes. Some idiot in the front did this to us. Sighhhh… We did figure out half way along the ride that they do a short whistle before tunnels to let you know to close the windows. I wish someone had explained this at the start of the ride.)

We had a quick lunch in Fort William where D and I shared haddock and chips. Then it was back on the coach to the Three Sisters and Glencoe. What a sad, sad story.

Then we visited Loch Lomond, where I got a picture with Helen and me.
For supper D had the Belhaven best (Editor’s note: again I have no idea what we had for supper as it is not in my book. I am sure there is a piece of paper with this written down.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home