Thursday, September 01, 2005

I am only anal when...

According to D, I get really anal about money just after I do the finances. I guess it is true. When there is lots of money in the account or even just the basic limit I have decided on, then I am not worried. But when the amount is less than that limit, it worries me. I have had it happen where the mortgage payment came out and the paycheque didn't go in and it is scary to go into the overdraft. So of course, I did the finances and D is joking about buying me an ipod for my b-day. And I am not finding it funny. I know these things are $250+ and that's not even for the best one. There are cars to pay off, a mortgage and of course, the house has problems. It would be nice to have an offical floor in the office, a working shower. Among other things, of course.

I admit that I am anal though. No one can ever accuse of me being in denial about it. I often say I am anal at work too. There are certain processes that I am very particular about, that I feel are important in the 'national security' level of important. The others, especially those about to retire in a few years, are so blase and it drives me nuts. Probably drives them nuts that I am so diligent about it.

The other interesting thing about work right now is the rumors flying. I find the problem lies in the generation gap in the company. The majority of the employees are nearing retirement so learning and new opportunities are not their priorities. I, on the other hand, am ready for a new challenge. They seem to think if money is thrown at me that I will be satisfied with my position. But I have done all I can really do. I have strived to undertake new tasks and short of spending some spare time doing computer tutorials to upgrade my skills (next on my list of to do), there seems to be nothing left to learn at work. Yes, more money would be appreciated, but it is certainly not going to keep me at a job that is limited in opportunities.

I am tired though and I still have to fold the laundry and put away the dishes. Back to the domestic me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home