Wednesday, July 26, 2006

But was I naughty…?

The weekend was very packed and very tiring in mostly that good “I’ve done a lot, seen a lot, and had a good time” kind of state of being. Friday was DG’s housewarming party. Had a wonderful time. The condo is awesome, open concept and bigger than my house. The colors chosen were fantastic and the layout is good. The heat was a bit much, but thankfully, lots of fans were going. Got to meet some new people and catch up with some acquaintances. We mostly talked, watched Lion in Winter (I watched the first half – but wasn’t in the mood for the sloooooow pace, though some lines were quite comical), played Hoopla and just hung out. Was I naughty? Well… I wouldn’t say I was as naughty as I have been, but neither would I say I was the pure persona I tend to portray. I had some fun. That is all I will say. Heehee.

Saturday was very interesting. I got home from Friday’s party at about 3 am. Slept in (naturally) and at 3 pm, just as I was about to do some chores, there was a knock on the door and Epcor telling us that they were turning the water off in 5 minutes and it would not be back on until Sunday noon. ACK! There went all my plans as I rushed around filling sinks, buckets and bathtubs. Thankfully, we had been invited out for dinner at I&V. The dinner was delish, the conversation stimulating and just a good time had by all. I&V are such wonderful people and though we don’t see them all that much, because they are VERY busy people, it is so nice when we can just catch up.

Sunday the water finally came back on at 3 pm. D and I went out in the afternoon…to the mall. Silly us. I bought a few more books. Goodness – if you only knew how big the pile of books I have to read is. Sighhhh. Then gaming that night which was fun. And back to work on Monday.

So the weekend was totally full, of both events and people, but fun overall. This weekend is a lot slower for me at least. D has a bunch of stuff to be involved in. I will entertain myself. Heehee.

Oh, and the book – since that was my last post. I finished it that night (in 6 hours), which while may be amazing to some, is not so amazing to others. What a great book. Wow! I SOOOOOOO want my own Nathaniel. Sighhhhhh! Oh and a Micah cause really the two of them go together. Sighhhh. I love where Laurell is taking the series. I get so involved with the characters and I love reading her blog and seeing that she is totally involved with the characters as well. I won’t say anymore, so as not to ruin it for the few who haven’t read the book yet. If you have never read the series, I honestly recommend it. Even if you aren’t into the paranormal or the sex, the creation of the characters is just so well detailed. You learn so much about them and if you love to read a series because of great characters, you will find this series very satisfying.

Anyway, nothing much else is going on. The heat is killing me. I am so glad that it rained and we are slowly cooling off. But the combo of humidity and heat is disgusting. (And people wonder why I don’t want to go to the tropics.) I feel so wasted at the end of each day and I don’t sleep well. I don’t think I am bitchier than normal, but I know my fuse is shorter. Things annoy me faster.

I suppose I should decide on what to make dinner. Can’t think of what I want to eat though. Hmmm. And I should spend a little bit of time, cleaning up. The office table is getting a little messy again. You should be proud though, since it has been quite a while since it has gotten that bad. Even the filing pile is small, thought the to be shredded bin is getting pretty full. All right, other things must be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home