Friday, June 30, 2006

Distraction – it’s what I need

It is one of those days, heck it’s been one of those weeks, where I am home and I just can’t let go. It was revelation week at work and I feel disappointed and disillusioned. It’s almost like the feeling you find out when you discover your parents are human with flaws and neuroses. Here I was at work, flying high cause things were going well and I felt supported and encouraged and wouldn’t you know, I let the optimist out and when the rug got pulled out from under my feet, my pessimist rose wanting a binge fest. And I am fighting – though anyone who is an emotional eater knows, it is a tough fight and if I lose, it goes downhill.

It was just a bad week. The bipolar-ish witch at the back decided that she would both yell and insult me and then turn around the next time she saw me and say how wonderful I was at my job. If I am so wonderful, then don’t come yelling at me and telling what my job entails. I know my job and I know what I am doing and obviously if I am doing something a specific way, there is a point. Instead of getting in my face and being accusatory, why not make it a polite suggestion? Instead of “why isn’t anyone doing x,” try “someone over here needs some help.” Heck, a smart person would even go as far to suggest that if the clients are bothering you when you walk past them to take your break, then why don’t you go out the back door to take your break where they clients won’t see you? It’s not like the whole office couldn’t stand the exercise. On top that, my supervisor and his boss decided that my involvement in the training was to end today. I would no longer be involved. All the work I have done and kept them informed of means naught. The network I established between trainers, the attempt to organize the vast amounts of information, the leadership I established for myself – all gone.

I will admit – certainly, part of it is my fault. I fell for the adage of building my confidence based on my job. I also didn’t listen to my realist/pessimist side that told me to not get comfortable. So instead I am back to being at their beck and call. Despite our office being too busy to spare me for training stuff for one day next week, the boss has decided that I will help her out for a day and a half. ARGHHHH!

So I need a distraction. I will probably either pull apart the office or the library, cause I just need something to take my mind off of this. It’s Canada Day weekend and I would like to enjoy it. I can’t help but think of my wish for a harem. That would certainly be a distraction… sighhh…

I don’t think the weather has helped either – its been a week of little sleep, too much heat and way too much light. Add on to that a very physical week of changing around the office, helping a friend clean the place she just moved out of and I am just emotionally and physically exhausted. Tonight is supposed to be cooler, so hopefully that means that I will get some decent sleep and tomorrow will be another day.

Anyway, I have 3000 more steps I want to do which means my arse needs to get out of this chair.

One more thing, my media player obviously can sense my moods since it is on random and so far it is playing a myriad of emotional heart wrenching songs... hmmm, sentient media player...? Wouldn't that be an awesome invention - a device that plays songs according to your mood, and it would just know - like a mood ring. Hmmm. I must think more on this... Heehee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

And many many many many thanks for the help cleaning! Tho if you're bored and want a change of pace, you can always come over and unpack (grin) jus' kiddin

Relax lady! Put those feet up for a day!

9:30 pm, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home