Friday, July 14, 2006

What a week!

This week was a reminder of why you will probably NEVER find me in the tropics. Our office this week was at its highest 28C and at its lowest, 25C. I was in hell. We had the fans going, but nothing was working. According to the maintenance people, the air conditioner had frozen solid and the coil broke and the fluid in it drained out. So they had to unfreeze it with a hairdryer, weld the coil on and fill it with liquid. This was done yesterday and was supposed to be done by the time we left for the day. We had started complaining Monday. Joy! I hope it is fixed. This morning, it seemed better but due to a feeling of extreme malaise, I went home shortly after arriving, so I have no idea if it lasted.

I think I just overdid it. In the heat, I was still running around, doing stock and cleaning out the LAN room. Since I am sort of between positions right now, I am just trying to get things done in case I get the assignment I applied for and have to leave quickly. On that note, the interview went well this week, I think. However, the big boss has come down with an offer to increase my position and its duties, thereby providing me with not only a raise, but also some different duties. So now I am torn – what do I want to do? Well, I have been torn for a while, and have been considering what would I choose if everything I applied for came to fruition at the same time. How much of my decision do I want to base on money and how much on duties? I need to make an time to talk with a colleague who is doing a job that I think I would find very interesting, so I can find out what I need to work on, what skills I need and all that. That may help.

Life wise, I have been mostly organizing and cleaning the house. I should move outdoors, but every time I think about washing the car, it rains. So I am trying not to think about it and maybe I’ll just ‘spontaneously’ run outside and do it. Heehee.

Today, I am taking it easy because of how I feel. Though so far, I have rotated the bed, washed the bedding, emptied the dishwasher, rearranged the library, did dishes, put away clothes that were washed and dried last night, went shopping, febreezed the house and am just now enjoying a spot of time on the computer. D told me to take it easy today. I said I would. D laughed when I said that. Hmmm. Heehee. I don’t have much more to do… inside. Just decide what I want for dinner and make it. Oh, and tape 40 year old Virgin tonight. It’s premiering on the movie channel. Whoohoo. Hopefully, it is good.

Anyway, I should decide on something for supper. And I wanted something that makes leftover – I am sick of lasagna leftovers for lunch, and I am making lasagna on Sunday again. Sighhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home