Monday, July 17, 2006

Hmmm...

Well, here I was going to come online and post something humorous, but after reading that one of my favorite bloggers is thinking of no longer posting, I am kind of sad. I totally understand why he is choosing not to, but the thought of no longer logging on to his site and reading what is new and what’s the latest thing he or his dog has done, it is just almost heart-breaking. It makes you wonder though, doesn’t it – why do we blog? Obviously we know deep in our hearts that whatever we put out there is for everyone to see. Do we realize though that what we say can actually affect other people?

I commented for the first time on his blog today. Because I wanted him to know that he has had an effect on me. He has introduced me to thoughts, ideas, bands, and videos (David Hasselholf) that I hadn’t really bothered with. I wanted him to know that despite the fact that I was just a statistic on his page, that his words were not wasted. I appreciated his honesty.

One sometimes has to ask what do you want the world to see. I know I have different faces and there are people who believe that I am a pretty decent person and there are people who think I am the devil incarnate. Neither is far off. I have secrets I keep, sides I don’t want certain people to know about, and thoughts that no one should be privy to. I am neither as innocent as I appear nor as experienced. It is well established that my horns hold up my halo. And I don’t think that there are tons of people out there reading my blog or that I have a great effect on them. But maybe just one day, someone out there is reading my blog and relating. Maybe something I say makes them laugh or tugs their heart for just a brief moment. Maybe that is all I really want to accomplish with this blog. (well, besides, keeping some of my friends up-to-date on my life.) I don’t get a lot of comments, but then I don’t expect them anyway. I just hope there are people out there who are reading my blog and just enjoying it. And maybe, as I commit more and more to this genre of writing, maybe you’ll learn something about me that you never would have guessed, maybe I might just open up and let you peek into my deep, dark soul and instead of running away screaming, just maybe you’ll relate and you’ll empathize with me.

Yeah. So I hope it’s not goodbye, my secret blogger. But if it is, you will be missed, but your effect on my life will continue. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging, like a whole lot of everything else, is not simple

Don’t we all wish for many moments where we can touch other people’s lives? I find it more surprising that it’s a wish we rarely put the “careful what you wish for” comment toward. It seems to be the point of so much, including Blogging.

Just so that you know, I’m finding your Blog to be what I would like mine to sound like. “Horns hold up my halo”? Damn, if I sound that good on the best day of my life, I’ll be shocked and surprised. Thanks you, for your Blog as well. It has an influence on this friend/loyal reader. I will keep reading and while you’re not looking I will try to steal a few of your words for my own.

Oh, and my vote is for devil incarnate. :)

9:28 pm, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home