Thursday, February 07, 2008

Does this clutter make my butt look fat?

Peter Walsh’s new book title makes me laugh. Oh, you know I will buy/borrow it. I am all about getting rid of the clutter. Well, I am all about the reading about getting rid of the clutter. The actual implementation? Well, that is another story. I go through spurts and get rid of a bunch of stuff, but there is just so much of it and sometimes, it is so hard to get rid of that ‘what if I need it’ mentality. Or the ‘I spent so much money’ on it thoughts creep in and suddenly, I am stuck with a larger pile of keep than get rid of. According to Peter’s new book, my clutter is a large part of the reason my life is not going the way I want it to. Not that my life is bad, please don’t think that. I just have some areas that I am not satisfied with. Things I wish were better. Things I need to kick my ass about to get active about them.

On a different note, animal lovers, please do not hate me for another moving site about animals, but it is such a poignant blog that I had to share.

I had planned to write more, but it’s been a quiet week. I am working through some things right now that just need me to do stuff. Plus, I remembered after all my chores that I needed to cook supper tonight because the ingredients needed to be used up. I didn’t eat it for supper, now it is for tomorrow’s supper, because tonight’s supper was leftover homemade vegetable soup and goodness was it divine! I sometimes amaze myself with what I am able to create in the kitchen. Imagine if I actual had some training.

Whew – let’s not go crazy there. However, right now I sit with two loads of laundry done, dishwasher cleaned and emptied, dishes done and put away, garbage collected and outside, recycling done and outside, and the kitchen clean. It has been a productive night. Guess I deserve to go to bed early and get some sleep.

Tomorrow is the last day of work before the weekend. Hopefully, it is not like the rest of the week where I worked really hard in the morning, and then after lunch I was so not interested in doing much work. I mainly tinkered with things and cleaned up my emails. The joy of working on projects is that ‘hurry up and wait’ attitude. You can only do what you can until the next person provides you with more information. Sighhh.

So I am off, hope everyone has a wonderful night and a restful sleep. And remember today is Chinese New Years so you have another chance to start the year right. Best wishes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

The blog is gone! How am I going to get my fill of animal happiness/sadness! :)

btw over 3 weeks now... throat still hurts... you mutated it and gave it to me! :p

4:50 pm, February 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home