Thursday, January 31, 2008

All things she said

Your inner bitch wonders how we can think and act in our best interest when we’re obsessed with calorie counts, bathroom scales and tape measures.


Brrrrrrrr. (Only authors say Brrr. Human beings say Fuckin’ cold! – Dennis Leary) Can I just say that while I adore winter and think there is nothing more beautiful than the trees sparkling with white frost, the snow freshly blown with no footprints marking it, and of course, the sight of a gorgeous full moon, it is definitely a season best enjoyed from inside a warm house – and I can’t wait until next year when I can do that. Heehee. My office, though really clean, is freezing. My toes are freezing, my fingers are freezing and I think my nose is frozen. But I am a dedicated blogger for all of my random friends, I am in the office, freezing and writing my latest weekly blog while eating a couple of home baked peanut butter cookies. Yummm! Would only have been better if this was yesterday when they were still warm from the oven. Mmmmm!

Birthday news - happy wishes to milady – HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILADY! Hope it is a great one!
Happy Birthday, Dad! This weekend, my dad gets to blow out candles again. I am sure he is happy. I hope this year brings him lots of good opportunities (please quit smoking), lots of fun and happiness and of course, time with his wonderful family.

Horrifying news as of late – 2 sisters, ages 1 and 3, died a couple of days ago due to the cold. No one is quite sure why the father was taking them across the field to his sister’s house, but allegedly he was quite drunk which combined with the extreme cold, the blizzard like conditions and lack of warm clothes, he dropped both of the girls along the way without realizing and it took him 8 hours after making it to safety to be lucid enough to ask about his children.
Also, someone deserted an 8-month-old child in a Toronto mall in the last couple of days. Thankfully she was found a couple hours later, before anything happened, but according to the news, it appears that she was abused prior to being left on purpose.

Cute story – the kitten who traveled to Texas in her owner’s luggage only to be found by a gentleman who took home the wrong suitcase. As luck would have it, he liked animals and it was a better place for the cat than the hotel the owner was staying at.

Funny story – Christina Ricci sexually assaulted by a monkey on her film set. Supposedly, her fears of monkeys were validated when one freaked out and grabbed her left breast, refusing to let go.

Potentially sad news – Supernatural pulled from CW schedule as of Feb 21, 2008. Supernatural only has 4 shows left for this season (due to the writer’s strike) and once they are done, CW is pulling the show from the schedule. This could just be to put on yet another reality show, OR could it be the end for the handsome brothers? After all, Dean supposedly only had 1 year left… could it be true? Sighhhh.
Supposed experts are saying that if the writer’s strike doesn’t settle within the next week and a half, the 07/08 schedule is over. The question is: what will this mean for all the awesome new shows that started this year? Will they return next season? Send out wishes for the return of Pushing Daisies, the Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Reaper, Moonlight and Blood Ties among the return of our favorites – Heroes, Supernatural, Smallville, and CSI (original and NY).

OMG news - Lost – okay, no one tell me what happened on tonight’s season opener. I watched just the first few minutes and realized that I need to have ndie by me to watch it with because just the first few minutes blew me away. AHHHHH! Of course, I probably won’t wait for him because it was just OMG interesting, but tonight I have resisted.

Work news – things are good right now. Our workshop went well. It was interesting, informative and yet, so unrelated to me for a lot of it. I had to remind myself that it is okay to feel like I don’t belong as I have only been in this position for just over 3 months. Then I had a fun project to do that I finished quickly (of course). Wow, makes me really appreciate what is going on now, even when that drives me crazy.

Fear news – I have to get on airplane where the aisle seats and the window seats are one and the same. I am very much empathizing with Laurell K Hamilton right now. Ack! Supposedly they don’t allow you to play the iPod on take-offs and landings. What?!? Don’t they know that is when you really need it?!? Do I have enough gum? Can I take gum past security or do I need to spend way too much money on it past security? I don’t remember from when I went to Regina – I am sure I had gum. I NEED GUM! It’s okay – I’m calming.

Chores news – laundry is almost done! Yeah! 3 loads this week and I still want to do the bedding yet – well not tonight, but this weekend maybe.

Loneliness news – I am starting to feel a bit homebound lately. I know it has a lot to do with the cold weather (who the heck wants to voyage out in this?!?), but I feel sorry for my nice co-worker because since I spend LOTS of time alone, he gets to hear me talk A LOT about nothing. He now knows more than he ever did, I am sure, about celebs and I am sure that occasionally his brain cringes at the nonsense I sometimes talk about, because I can’t talk about serious stuff all the time. Can you imagine? [Shiver]

Okay, I need to go gather some info for a friend that I promised. He is going to N’awlins! (yes, that’s New Orleans for those new to me) I can’t wait to grab my photo albums and start telling him all the places he needs to check out, and eat at, and buy. Whoohoo!

I will leave you with today's Happy Bunny...
A Makeover? You need to be run over.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home