Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Once I saw a boy who was not stupid.

14.25 years ago my heart was breaking like it is today. The life of another talented, gorgeous, brooding actor has been extinguished before its time. In 1993, it was River Phoenix. Today, we have lost Heath Ledger. Some people will think he was just a fluff actor, someone not really of note, perhaps they remember him from the controversial Brokeback Mountain or the romantic comedy 10 things I hate about you. All I know is that he was an actor who first caught my eye in 10 things I hate about you and didn’t let go. I would watch a film just because he was in it. Cute and an Aussie, an accent to swoon over and eyes so deep, Heath had so much going for him. So one has to ask what happened to the guy who said that if he stopped having fun, then he would get out… well, I guess, that actually answers that question. He may have been talking about acting at that time, but just maybe, he brought that feeling to life as well. So here is to the man who made me laugh and swoon in 10 things I hate about you, who made me cry during Brokeback Mountain and who made me giggle and roll my eyes in Casanova. Here is to a man who had so much ahead of him and a daughter who would have loved a daddy to grow up with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home