Friday, September 19, 2008

I’m changing my naughty ways. To naughtier ones.

One could say that I haven’t been blogging because I have been very busy living. Hmmm… well, one could say that. In reality, I have been quite irritated lately. As you already know, D and I have been in conflict for a while. We have our moments of goodness, but lately, I would say we are arguing as much or more than we are getting along. We are doing renos, which are stressful in their own right. Now add in two people and suddenly it becomes a battleground of dominance, preferences and attitudes. And don’t misread – I am at fault in this situation as well. Holidays are right around the corner and I am very much looking forward to it. I think things would be calmer at home though if we weren’t such opposites. When I am pissed at the contractors, D isn’t. When D is pissed at the contractors, I just want it all done. I hate to say it but I would not recommend my stucco/stone people. This reno was supposed to be done by June. It is now almost the end of September. Give me a break already. There is no reason for this. And it wouldn’t be so bad if they cleaned up, but these people have destroyed my yard. I don’t know if I can ever get the yards to recover without stripping both yards down to dirt and rebuilding. On the other hand, the spray insulation people were okay. They may have been a bit messy, but they kept their promises and were quite efficient. The lighting people were awesome! My light is in. Whoohoo! Now just a mailbox and an address sign. Not so lucky in those categories yet.

Then there is work. I am applying for another position in my department and they are questioning my experience. I wish I could videotape what I have been handling for the last few months, because I have been doing that position most of these past months while the person who is responsible sits back and relaxes. Goodness, I am so tired of doing so much more than I am required for my position. Can’t I take the tone “Not in my job description” like everyone else? And all the stress is causing me to be a bit bitchy at work. Fave coworker and I had another disagreement and I walked away, kinda huffy. He stopped by later and I told him we were good and was able to explain what I was trying in a much more coherent way, so both of us were happy in the end. He seemed a bit off today though, so I hope it has nothing to do with the disagreement. Heck, we’ve only had a confrontation a couple times so far. I think we are doing remarkably well as friends.

A third couple in our group has split. Thoughts go through my head at the same time I feel bad for them.

The cute guy (well, cutish) at work has left. There is no one to flirt with now from a distance. And just when he was showing some response. Sheesh!

S hasn’t written me since she moved to Ottawa. Guess she is too busy for lil ol’ me. Sighhhh. And another friend is leaving for Ottawa soon.

A lot of people at work are stressed and it is starting to strain everyone. I sometimes dread going into work. Sighhh.

I have just not been having the most consistent of days and then there is the election… I would rant about the carp involved in that, but I will wait another day. Again, it surprises me what we put up with in this country.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

Did you know your blog comes up on google now? You're famous!

10:45 am, September 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home