Tuesday, July 01, 2008

You can be a princess and still kick butt

Forgive me my friends for I have tempted the law… You see, dear, dear friends of ours entrusted us with the care of their animals during their disappearance. Being a wonder of multitasking, I convinced milady to just pop by with me so we could sit and talk while spending time with the animals before continuing our day of shopping. Imagine my surprise when the keys didn’t quite work.

You see, the week before, our wonderful friends had dropped off keys and requested us to just to stop by and make sure the animals didn’t starve or dehydrate. I didn’t think to ask if the keys were new or that they had been tried – nope, silly me just assumed. So imagine me and milady standing at the front door – mail in one hand, keys in the other and I am trying to figure out why one key won’t even fit and the other doesn’t seem to open the deadbolt. We’ll check the back door, I say, perhaps they thought D and I would go to the back door. Nope. We thought we got one lock unlocked, but the other – no go. Oh boy. And of course, all I am hearing is the wonderful animals calling me from inside the house. Ack!

So I did what any other great friend would do, I decided to see if we could break into the house. After some interesting maneuvering involving bricks and some ingenuity, we were not much closer to entering the house. However, I could at least pet one of the animals to reassure him. Of course, that is when their neighbors arrived home. And that is when milady (so not a scorpio, but I still love her dearly) completely spilled the beans about us breaking into the house – I clarified to them that the supplied keys were not working and that there were animals in the house that needed at least water on these hot days.

Of course, it is not as easy as it looks breaking into someone’s house. What I wouldn’t have done for Masterwork thieves tools and a decent Open lock skill check. Or else smaller breasts. Milady and I are not too shabby in that department which means fitting through the window was not a likely scenario. Without the Open lock ability or the ability to shape shift my breasts to a much smaller size, I came up with a compromise – I would borrow a bowl from the neighbors and at least provide the animals with fresh water. Wonderful neighbors, I must add. (I personally would have been calling the cops as my partner went over to check out the people trying to break into the house).

While the bowl was being filled, one of the neighbors was trying the key (men never believe when we say we jiggled the key) when milady managed to break in. We thanked the neighbor profusely. The animals were so helpful by being so friendly – I love those animals. Treats were had, water filled, food bowls filled, and a note left and then we spent several minutes trying to prevent someone else from doing what we just did while not looking too obvious. The neighbors nicely agreed to keep an eye on the house and they have my name and number in case of any emergencies. And with my heart in my stomach, giggles impending for the fearful excitement of breaking the law and the knowledge that my friends are going to question my logic as the animals “would have survived,” we left and kept an eye/ear for following law enforcement vehicles. Please forgive me friends - you know how I worry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

We appreciate the effort of both of you (and the neighbours).

10:16 am, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Philippe de St-Denis said...

Yes, and I know that Captain Biteypants and Sniff the Wonder Mouse also appreciate the lengths you both went to ensure that they survived the weekend.

I personally feel a little bit retarded by the key issue. We'll have to get new ones cut, I suppose.

1:50 pm, July 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home