Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tell me none of this is happening.

What a life I lead! These last few weeks have been culminating in stress until this weekend I finally had it. Despite some feelers sent out here and there, I haven’t really talked about all that has been going on (of course, I am a scorpio and secrecy is my middle name). Most of my feelers have been ignored or at worst, responded to with flippancy and a lack of respect for the friendship. So I, being who I am, did what I am best at and put on a happy face and lived my life like all was good.

And then Friday night, after a stressful week at work and at home, after several tries to connect with people to talk about what I needed to speak, I went out with the original YaYa girls and it all came tumbling out. Poor L and D – I think they were a bit shocked at the depth of my feelings on what was going on. Maybe next time D won’t deny us dessert and I can fill the void with fattening oil substitutes instead of spilling my guts. Though truly, I appreciate the support and the listening and the love. Know I love you both back.

Drained, I slept not long enough, but an afternoon of shopping was a worthwhile activity (got myself 2 pairs of pants for work – yeah!) though the driving was a total pain. I hate 137th ave right now –sheesh! Then Saturday night, D and I had a looooooooong talk and what was truly amazing is that D actually knew what was going on. Now, will things get better? Eh, who knows, we can only hope for the best, right? Maybe, there will be less fighting at the very least. You know, if I had my harem, I doubt I would have half the problems I have. Heck, who would have time for problems? Heehee.

Sunday was a day of drywall, followed by 4 very late hours of working on a project for work. That was the start of a very tiring week. OMG! I am still so bloody exhausted. And Monday my throat started bothering me immensely. It seemed to have peaked yesterday when if I wasn’t sucking on candy or fruit or drinking juice, my throat hurt. After 2 days of Echinacea and vitamin C, I felt much better this morning, though still exhausted. Mind you, yesterday was also the first day in over a week I wasn’t working on the work project after hours. Tuesday was a wonderful night of clean up (goodness the house needed it) and I felt so much better afterwards. My desk in the office has blank spaces. The kitchen is so clean. Recycling was done (2 bags worth). I didn’t get enough sleep that night, but I did feel mentally refreshed.

However, tomorrow is the last day of work before holidays and I am finding I still have a lot of projects to do. Ikes! So tomorrow will be a day of working furiously to get reports updated and letters written. Then I am on holidays for two weeks. Two glorious weeks of no work, of house renos and appointments, of shopping and decorating, of prepping the yard for winter and the house for the Halloween party, of switching clothes around and of sleeping in and mostly, no work. At least for me. D has two work events he ‘has’ to go to. I have yoga 1 night, maybe a get together with the girls, Thanksgiving at the parents and hopefully a lot of catch up on shows – sheesh I need to clear some of the PVR and fast.

So wish me well for my holidays, and definitely to survive tomorrow. I will try to get more organized around here and write more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

I really hope that the fact that D realized what was going on is a sign of better things to come. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and my arms open if you need them.

*hugs*

10:27 pm, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home