Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My back hurts and it has nothing to do with a chandelier…

O M G – my back is killing me. I have no idea what I did. It was twingy on Sunday when I awoke, but it didn’t bug me as I went about my chores. Started to hurt more in the evening, so I took it easy. Monday it was a bit sore, but I walked it out at work until I pivoted at the end of the day – and the pain took my breath away. Still, walked home okay and things weren’t too bad. Had a excellent meal at The Keg followed by lots of shopping and looking at Chapters. It was really starting to bother me at The Keg and by the time we got home, it really felt like I had strained something. I tried stretching, I got D to massage my back, it just seemed to get worse. Took 2 Tylenols about an hour before bed and once they kicked in, it was doable. Of course, I also coated my back in Absorbine Jr. Then at 3 am I woke up with pains again. Tried to find a position that wouldn’t kill me, but at 4, I gave up, took 2 more Tylenols, re-coated my back in Absorbine Jr, and managed to fall back asleep. When the alarm went off, there was no way I was going in to work. Called in for a sick day and crawled back into bed. There I stayed until 11 am, when I crawled out of the bed for a shower and more stretching, followed by catching up on tv shows and more stretching. I can do a lot of moves and there are no problems, but it is the subtle little moves that seem to knock the wind out of me. Touch my toes – sure. Bend my knees while doing so – not so good. Twist to grab something – no problem. Twist and then bend a bit – wrong thing to do. I have no idea what I did (unless it was the several hours of sewing, followed by TV watching, and computer use on Saturday?) or why it is getting worse. It is all across the lower back and I am out of yoga moves to try to get things feeling better. I HATE being out of commission – though I did enjoy catching up on my shows. Teehee. My PVR is down to 61% - Whoohoo!

Aside from that, the stress at work can now abate somewhat. The deadlines have come and gone. There were no extensions, so if it wasn’t done – oh well.

And I keep promising you a new recipe – so here is the lovely dessert I made. I got this from my Style at Home magazine and it is supposedly from the Two Dishes cookbook.

Whipped Cheesecake Mousse with Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crunch

8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature (one 250g package – I didn’t know this at first and only used 1/3 of a package and I think it tasted even better with less cream cheese)
2 cups 35% (whipping) cream, cold, divided
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
Seeds of ½ vanilla bean, or 1 tsp of vanilla extract (I used my clear vanilla extract from Mexico)
½ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup fruit (e.g. – I used thawed blueberries and fresh bananas – the recipe called for finely chopped fresh strawberries (about 14) or 2 tsp of strawberry jam per serving)
8 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish

With mixer of low, beat cream cheese, ½ cup whipping cream, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

In separate large bowl with clean beaters, beat remaining 1 ½ cups whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form. Stir large spoonful of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture to lighten texture. Add cream cheese mixture back to remaining whipped cream and gently fold in to thoroughly combine.

Combine graham crackers crumbs and cinnamon in small bowl. Using 8 Moroccan tea glasses or small delicate glasses (about 2/3 cup each), place ½ tbsp graham cracker crumbs in bottom of each glass. Top with layer of mouse to fill half of the glass. Add layer of fruit, then another layer of mousse to come to top of glass. Garnish with remaining crumbs, some fruit, and spring of int. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

It was starting to dry out 24 hours later, so best if eaten in one day (like we needed a reason).

Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy. I know I think about making this a lot, but D isn’t a dessert fan and I really shouldn’t eat the whole thing by myself – though I could. Heehee.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home