Friday, July 28, 2006

I’ve seen you naked and I’ll probably see you naked again.

Happy 1 year Anniversary to me! One year ago, I wrote my first post. In honor of that day, I bring you an introspective entry.

It is interesting to read back on that post- so many high expectations. Though the dip is still a very popular recipe. And I think I have maintained the aspect of sharing my embarrassing tales. Still really don’t understand the whole time for boiling corn.

Has this blog become what I thought it would in the 66 posts thus far? I don’t think so. I think the blog has evolved, like myself, changing into what I needed it to be at the time. I imagine that I thought I would have a more domestic blog, sharing recipes all the time and tips. I have done some of that, but not nearly as I imagined. But then I am rebelling against this self-imposed domesticity. Do I really want my life to be about domestic issues? Maybe if my domestic issues were something big and dramatic and not about what to cook for dinner – which I must admit is once again extremely trying and tiring.

I am antsy again. You probably noticed that from my posts. I need a change to happen in something. My job is changing – I got a sort of promotion – a little more money and a lot more duties and I will have to travel. I am not looking forward to that. I hate traveling alone. In a car, driving for 2-4 hours, all alone, no one to talk to, no way to sleep, nothing to do except think.

I think too much. I really just want a night where I can go and not think, just do and then enjoy the consequences. I know I said I would try that at the last party. I guess I have limits as to who I will allow myself to let go in front of.

Anyway, back to 1 year of blogging – am I still trying to become a Domestic Goddess in a Fast Food world? I suppose so. Part of me really does want to develop my domestic self, to be competent again at home. Part of me just wants to do it in a ‘Desperate Housewives’ sort of manner. Heehee. It has been an interesting year. And if I have been vague or not as open, well…I could apologize, except it wouldn’t be sincere. Sometimes, I just need to get the feeling out without the details.

I thank all of you who have been along for the ride. I hope the blog evolves as I do and I hope it brings you a few laughs and maybe some insight to the wonderful world that is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home