Friday, April 20, 2007

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

For example, the most horrible farts can be used to inflate the most beautiful balloons.

And that is an apt description of this week. It has definitely been a happy bunny week. I am so tired of the shit that constitutes my work. And nobody understands why I want out of that office. Thankfully the beyotch is off again, sick for several days. Of course this is after a comment directed towards me on both Monday and Tuesday. D has a theory that she is threatened by me. It makes sense, I guess. I am so tired of taking the high road and getting slapped constantly for doing so. I mean really, if we want to play that game, let’s just state the obvious – I am younger, smarter, nicer and a hell of a lot more personable that you. I have ambitions that will leave you in the dust and honey, there is no way you can keep up.

Other than that, the big big boss decided that I should go out to one of the new satellite offices to train. He told me Wednesday an hour before we close and wants it done for Monday or Tuesday. Thursday I looked into what I needed to do because things have changed a lot since the last time I did the training and by close I had a long list of things to do. Of course, Friday morning I got the surprise that the training I thought I was doing at my office on Monday was actually for today and there went all my plans for getting prepped for the satellite office. So Friday close leaves me with an even longer list and 3 little checkmarks for those that are done. I am taking the weekend off, I don’t care, mainly because I have plans for most of the weekend. So when shall I get everything done? I honestly don’t know. I mentioned my list to some of my coworkers and how I have to do it because no one else will and they were all “did you ask?” Of course I have asked. I have asked repeatedly for help and no one has the time to help. Of course, they didn’t offer to help.

It has just been one of those weeks and I am exhausted. I have been since last weekend. On Saturday there was the wake, which we stayed at for a few hours. It was… interesting. It was nice to see a lot of people who I don’t get to see. I had to turn down an opportunity to attend a birthday dinner for a friend because of the wake, so instead we went over to help A&J do some final packing. Despite the fun, that went way toooo late, especially considering we were up the next day at 8 am. D went to help them finish taking apart the bed, etc while I did some necessary chores around my house. Then I rushed over to help because their movers (Triple A movers) didn’t show. They had a lot of people helping out and it went fairly smoothly. The only casualty was at the beginning when I failed to catch the falling cat bowl (I so sorry). We had a fabulous dinner with the remaining people and then returned to help them unpack some more. Moving is exhausting – I did 11,250 steps on Sunday. WOW! Of course, I was tired and sore for the rest of this week. In fact, I would be in bed right now, except I am so frustrated with being tired that I decided to wash the bedding and it is still drying. Sighhhh. But there is nothing like the smell and feel of fresh bedding. Especially with my blanket being fresh from the dryer. I love that fresh linen smell. Now if only I could sleep in tomorrow. That would be optimal. But alas, another early morning tomorrow as my sweet car has an appointment for her spring check-up. Maybe they will wash her. That would be really nice. Heehee.

I don’t care about tomorrow; I have given up on yesterday.

I like that phrase. It is what I am feeling. I am just so tired and frustrated. I want to be optimistic, but I am just so tired of being so. I want to curl up and hibernate. I want to leave the world at the door and just ignore it all. I want to spend the day in my pjs, eat ice cream for breakfast, read a book or two, play some music, dance when I feel like it and laugh or cry as I feel, just an unscheduled day. Who knew I would miss that so much, eh? Anyway, I need to check how long til the bedding is done cause I really want to get some sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home