Thursday, March 22, 2007

Heart

Just to get this out of the way first – Oh my goodness – Supernatural tonight was just…awesome! The ending was poignant, and heart breaking, and the thought of it still makes my heart twinge. I know several of my friends knock me for investing so much of myself into certain shows, but tonight was a reminder of why I do. I was right there with Sam and Dean at that moment and despite it being unsaid, you knew what Sam was asking Dean and you knew why Sam had to do what he did (so he knew what it would feel like for his brother). All that in just one friggin’ poignant moment with so few words, a perfect back song, and the haunting expressions. Who didn’t flinch when it was all interrupted by the loud noise? I was so sorry I hadn’t taped it because if I had, I would have rewound the tape to watch it again, just so I could feel with them just a little longer.

Okay, now that that is out. Let’s just inhale deeply, hold, and exhale, releasing all the stress and emotions. Now don’t you feel better? Heehee. Perhaps if I changed the music in the back into something a little less maudlin… Nah…

Here’s something I read recently that I thought was very thought-provoking:
How come pleasure never makes it on to a dutiful list of do’s…? Doesn’t joy also get soft and flabby if you neglect to exercise it?
So said Ellen Goodman. I think it is very true. Sometimes it just is hard to celebrate joy. You see it, and you know it would feel good, but it is just so much energy. Exactly how I feel about exercise some days! Heehee.

Latest on the work front – Supposedly one of our new full time staff is going to be bouncing from unused desk to unused desk when the part-time person returns. I understand that the part time person has seniority, but shouldn’t someone who works only 3 days a week have to move around more than the person who is full time? And what if no one is sick, ergo no empty desks? Where does this person sit then? Yeah, the joys of poor planning.

As well, on the work front, overtime has been greatly advanced lately as we are trying to prepare a lot of things so that life will be easier over the long run. Overtime will also be gaining this weekend possibly if I ever want to have the time (and no caustic complaints) to get the stock room set up now that renos are done.

The horde war is going okay. We are playing more often just to satisfy our need to complete this war. We are basically just jumping from place to place trying to assist where we can. One would think someone would have planned a little better; we did give them quite a bit of notice that that horde was coming. Sighhhh. Our new guy becomes more evil by the second and my character is feeling a little out of sorts with all this unorganized chaos. And I don’t think the other party members are all that pleased with my less than generous display of sharing. But come on – what good does it do the town if we die because someone gave up most of the healing potions? Really. Heehee.

We had the Hat over yesterday so he could get a head start on his idea for the next campaign. That leaves 3 others to organize for character building. It wouldn’t be so bad except that between the 7 of us, only one person has books. And I am a slow builder, as I prefer to develop out a whole background as I build my character. So far – we are a very eclectic mix of characters and the whole game could have a totally different slant on it. I think dungeon crawling is going to be a bit difficult, thus far.

Also last weekend was a great little get together with A&J and B&C. It was fun just sitting around and chatting and eating. I made my fabulous dip, except in respect to the holiday, I dyed the sour cream/cream cheese mix green and used green salsa (which was Totally Hot). It was good, but whew! I think I burn a lot of calories just trying not to cry at the heat occasionally. Worse is that I have lots of salsa left over and so I am trying to eat some of it just plain. I gave some to nDie and it was rather funny to see his face. Probably quite like mine today as I tried Grapeleaf rolls (rice, mint, parsley, salt and pepper rolled into grape leaves and baked in olive oil. I don’t know what exactly was not to my taste, but it was Very salty and Very disgusting to my palate. Ew! But I tried something new.

Anyway, this weekends looks like it could go two ways – very packed with OT, friends, family, gaming, etc. OR very relaxing with shopping, friends, gaming, etc. My parents and bro want to come over to do their taxes. I have a potential YaYa for this weekend and of course gaming. So we will just have to see how it goes. One more day of work and the weekend comes. I am very much looking forward to tomorrow evening. ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home