Thursday, March 29, 2007

One windy day in spring...

Sometimes cable companies drive me bananas. My brother was so kind to sell me his PVR which I was very pleased about since it means that I can hopefully stop having VHS tapes hanging around the floor in piles waiting for me or D (more likely) to watch them. So cool – today I get the bill (really early too) and there is not only an ‘add digital feature fee’ but a ‘digital feature fee’. I mean seriously – talk about nickel and dime the clients. I have to pay 4 bucks because some guy had to write a note on my brother’s file saying he was giving me the PVR and another guy had to press a few buttons to activate the box at my house. I should send them a bill for the time it took me to find everything on the new remote (which is not user friendly) since they chose to change the layout. And I should charge them for the 10 minutes that I was on hold, waiting for someone to press activate the box. I mean – arghhhh! Anyway, regardless, it is nice to be able to watch a show and tape another show AT THE SAME TIME. Seriously, this is a first for me. Up until last night, I would have to watch or tape one show at a time. There was no overlapping. Whoohoo! I am enjoying it. A lot. For a TV addict like myself, I am thrilled with its features. Mind you, there goes the furniture fund, but still it is worth it.

Life is still as stressful as ever, but I have been taking the time at work to do some of the things that I needed to get done (been on the to-do list for awhile). We really are having trouble keeping up with the demand and the people I work with are dropping like flies. One should be back next week after being off 3 weeks with pneumonia. One is back in two weeks after an accident and taking quite awhile to recover (I think 5-6 weeks now). And one just went off for a week (but supposedly her doctor wants her off for 3 months). We still have one out since Oct due to an injury. Yowsers! I am trying to keep positive and take a few moments throughout the day to just…breathe. It seems to be helping. This week has been better as well since we have not put in nearly as much OT so I am actually getting home at a decent time and since only half of my shows are on, I am relaxing and doing stuff, rather than collapsing on the couch for the night. Of course, like tonight, I am procrastinating on dinner so I am eating late – which is really bad as that means I snack early to keep me from starving. Heehee oops!

We had YaYa on Sunday last week – one founding member was missing, but the rest of us had a good time catching up and eating goodies.

Taxes are done as well. Awesome! I actually get money back this year. I am still amazed by this. Cool!

The horde is kicking the town’s ass on Sunday, but we are doing our best to hold off the inevitable. To the DM’s dismay, he only managed to mortally wound one of our cannon fodder, red shirts, er, fellow fighters. We are meeting again this weekend to see if we can finish this fight. I think we are going to need to strategically retreat back behind the barrier. We are so impatient that we sort of ran out to meet some of the enemies instead of just staying behind the safe barrier like we had for the first half of the fight. Heehee.

Anyway, I should go switch laundry and then clean my office. My parents are stopping by on Saturday and will be using my office, so I should hide some of those more racy things. Heehee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home