Monday, April 09, 2007

A weekend of ups and downs…

Thursday rocked at work since it was the last day before the long weekend and everyone’s mood was up and morale was great and it was actually FUN at work again. It helped that the Beyotch was away still and the bosses noticed the morale difference. Then I came home to an email saying that my brother and his gf broke up so she would not be at Easter dinner.

Friday started off crappy with a huge ‘discussion’ with D about life, money and all that fun. Following that, there was a great Easter dinner with some good conversation and, as always, good food (my mom rocks in the kitchen!). Then it was over to the Fuj Memorial cribbage tournament where I had a load of fun. Didn’t win again this year, though the puzzle that was supplied was totally cool (I would have loved that puzzle – I love Alchemy Gothic!) And there were Happy Bunny cards – honestly, I cannot believe that I do not have those yet. Sighhh! Only a few more months til my b-day, so a girl can hope. Heehee. But there was lots of food, lots of laughs and a fairly late night.

Saturday was a day of boredom since I was alone all day pretty much. I did a bunch of stuff around the house, but by 9:30 I was going stir crazy. Saturday also turned out to be the day in which the awesome J fell down the stairs and sprained her ankle, thereby cementing a wonderful memory for the last weekend in her place. It also meant that she had to rest the foot for 48 hours and thus d&d was cancelled. Sighhhh. As well, I learned that the wife of a friend of mine had passed away that afternoon. I’ve talked about her before with her unique quirks and such, so I am not going to go into that. During the time that I knew her, I don’t remember a time when she was truly unconditionally happy, to the point where she shared her happiness with others just by being around her. So all I can wish now is that I hope she gets the chance to experience unconditional bliss with no pain, no worries, no preconceived expectations. And I hope her hubby and stepson get through this okay.

Sunday was okay. Went for a long walk, slowly prepped dinner, had some friends over to play some games. Nothing expansive. Stayed up way to late, but it was fun.

Monday has been okay for the most part. Wanted to pay off a big bill today but am not able to due to daily limits. Stupid banks. So hopefully, by Wednesday that will be done. Yeah! Went shopping and found some Awesome deals, as did milady. She got some terrific jackets that look stunning on her. I just got tanks and pants. I have to get used to the pants still though – the last pairs I bought and these are a smaller size and I think I got used to the ‘too big’ size because it feels weird to have the clothes fit so well.

Okay I give up today – it is just not going well, aside from the clothes. Can’t pay off the car. The company that I have been playing phone tag with (at my expense since I don’t have a long distance plan) just wanted to check on how we were doing with our product. Excuse me! I spent how much money for you to tell me that?!? Then my mother calls to let me know the dog died. I guess she was fine and then just collapsed. My mother can’t get a hold of the vet, so they can’t do anything until tomorrow. Mom is understandably upset, but I guess especially so since the dog was only 9. Personally I thought that was pretty good, but the last dog that passed was 14. All I know is that this dog had been having health problems and she was overweight and tired all the time and at least she had one last good weekend and then died at home. Jeezers.

Well, on that note, there is really nothing else to say. Sorry. Guess I’ll go make supper. Sighhhh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home