Saturday, October 13, 2007

Time is on my side, yes it is

Week one of holidays has come and gone. It was both productive and yet, I feel like nothing much got done. I know it isn’t true. There was a lot done. I can tell you that I am very healthy according to the dentist, doctor and eye doctor. I obtained new glasses, which I am hating right now. I should know better by now. I hate to be rushed on a decision and I just felt like I needed to make the decision and so I did and now I am wearing my old glasses because the new ones give me a headache and make me dizzy. According to the clerk at the eyeglass place, I need to give it a couple more days for my eyes to get used to the new glasses. Bull-***-shite. Driving was really fun because it feels like my eyes can’t quite focus. It’s like the head moves then stops, the environment moves and stops, the eyes pause to try to catch up and focus and then the stomach lurches. I am supposed to deal with that for 2 more days?!? I think she was just saying that since the sales lady who sold me the glasses won’t be back until Monday. Coincidence that Monday is a couple of days from today? I think not.

In other news, I have spent way to much at Fabricland in the hopes of making curtains. So far, I have really cool material for the Halloween party and I have the blackout material for most of the windows (no idea how to hang that yet). And I have enough thread for the serger to do the living room curtains. Now I just have to learn how to use the serger. Heehee. I still haven’t called to book that appointment yet. Sighhhh.

Other than that – Custom Costumes was a bust again. I went with milady and S! on opening nite and wasn’t impressed then. This week I went with D and ndie. They were not impressed either. It seemed like a big San Francisco Gifts store with higher prices. The new owner seemed to buy things that she wanted to wear and I don’t get the impression that she is really into Halloween. I have the cheap stuff. I am now looking for the better quality stuff. I want something that is going to last me a few years. I know that doesn’t necessarily make the most money, but the old owners always brought in a few things that were higher quality. They always went fast. Some things didn’t last past opening night. Us regulars are very dedicated. But the new owner and staff are also not very open or welcoming. I don’t feel like I am welcome in the store. That is a big deal for me.

Speaking of customer service, there was a great article about why Wal-mart is failing. It was very interesting how things have changed in regards to shopping. It is so true as well. I prefer to go somewhere that I get good service or that is just really convenient. I understand why companies are getting rid of service, but it is not the way to go anymore. I want someone to talk to, someone who knows what they are talking about. I had to walk into a Wal-mart this week. ICK! Just because they had the exclusive box set for Garth. Well, they have both, but the guy working there said that they hadn’t carried the other one for a while and he ignored me when I asked if he could check other stores. If I knew someone in the states, I would just go online and order it, cause it is really cheap online and with the dollar being what it is – it is very affordable. Anyway, Wal-mart was a joke – no service, limited knowledge or assistance and the price certainly wasn’t cheaper than anywhere else. The ONLY advantage was that hell-mart was the only one to get the box set. Supposedly his next album will not be limited to hell-mart. Thank goodness. I am very happy I got the box set though – it has several of his videos in it and 2 concerts and 2 tv specials. Which rocks.

O-M-G! I have launch on in the background and a new Backstreet Boys video came up, so I popped the screen up to check it out and noticed immediately that Kevin was missing. So I popped over to their website and sure enough, he left the bad in 2006. Wow. I am sure Nick is a bit happier, since he now seems to be the front-runner in the video. Very interesting, these are the days of our lives.

Anyway, I should go prep supper and figure out what I want to do tonight. Most of my friends are doing a poker night, which I am not interested in since they like Texas Hold’Em – which as most people know, I despise. My office is a mess again. I could clean that up. Haha. Alrighty then. Have fun…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home