Sunday, September 23, 2007

A weird and wacky week

What an odd movie. I just watched The Night Listener. No one else wanted to see it because the info on the movie made it sound like there is sexual abuse involving a child. There is talk of it, but there is none in the movie. However, I can honestly say I have no idea if I like the show and not. It was very weird…very interesting and very thought provoking. I don’t even know if I would recommend it. Hmm.

So it has been a quiet weekend, for the most part. D was away for a work trip, so I have been alone for most of the last few days. It’s weird when I am alone. I tend to either want lots of music or total silence. Of course if it’s quiet, then that means I tend to think…a lot! But I got a lot done and a lot has happened.

I have been sick, as you already know. Took Monday off to sleep (and boy did I, finally left the bed at 3). And it has been weird this week too. This sickness has left me not hungry. I eat cause I know I should. Even on Monday when I slept til 3, I hadn’t eaten in 18 hours and I wasn’t hungry when I got up. How odd is that? Even while D has been gone, I just haven’t been hungry. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not.

Other weird events, I got an email from the darling DS asking me to call, which I did of course. She is alive. Whoohoo! She unfortunately has a lot of things going on and wasn’t able to return my call that night, however in the half hour that I thought I had before she called me back, I washed dishes, did the recycling, took out the garbage and started the dishwasher. Rockin’.

Work led to my favorite coworker having a mini-breakdown and actually getting involved in something. She is known for not being aware of things around her and I have tried not to get her involved because sometimes the best survival technique is ostriching. But on Tuesday, she had it. She talked to me some more about what I am expected to do and how it is not fair and not my job. It was nice because I know she sees what I do. It was also frustrating because it put it foremost in my mind and thus bugged me the whole night as well. Wednesday, I took a chance and put a call into a manager who I had talked to about a possible position. It was very aggressive of me and man, was I nervous doing it. However, Thursday he called back and guess what everyone?!? I have a new position in a few weeks, in a different office, different department. Wow. I got the call first thing in Thursday morning and I pulled my fave coworker into a boardroom so I could tell someone and when I did, we both started crying. I know- silly us. I think with all the stress and such, it was bittersweet news for both of us. I was able to tell my supervisor on Friday and I almost teared up telling him as well. Goodness gracious. I decided to wait until this week to tell everyone else. I just needed some time to think about it all and tell some friends and get over the nerves of the situation and return to the excitement. It is not going to go over well. But there is a part of me that just wants to scream – I’m Free!!!!!!!

Friday was the opening of my favorite Halloween store and I was extremely fortunate that milady and S! decided to go with me. It was different this year though both because D wasn’t there with me and because the business was sold this spring. The new owners seem okay, but it wasn’t as friendly or welcoming as it usually is. We’ll see how it goes. We then hit a restaurant Phobicous (spelling?), which is a Vietnamese place on 109 st. It was good, though I had to disappoint poor S! because I don’t like seafood and he ordered a couple of appetizers and when they came, they both had shrimp in them so despite his offer to share, I wasn’t interested. Unfortunately I am born and bred Albertan – chicken or beef please. Heehee. However, I definitely would recommend the restaurant.

Saturday was a great time at lunch with my bestest bud S. She is very happy for me with the new position (she’s been encouraging me to move on since she left the office). We had a great lunch at a Sicilian pasta place on Jasper - to die for pasta with a good price and good portions. Neither of us finished our meals, though we did have dessert. And the waitress was so funny – I found 3 things on the menu that didn’t mention chocolate. I asked about one and she came back to say that is does have a small layer of chocolate, so I asked about the Key Lime cheesecake (you’d assume it would be safe, eh?). She says it is okay but when she comes with it, the crust is black. So we ask if there is chocolate in it and she says no, she checked. It just says crumbled cookie crust. S asks what kind of cookie, like an Oreo? And the waitress says, oh probably. We both looked at her like she was nuts. Hello, Oreos are made with chocolate. I told her it was okay (cause I wasn’t feeling like gelato for dessert) and I would just eat around the crust. I got a small taste of it cause the crust was very mushy and yeah, it was chocolate. Oy! But otherwise it was a great time with awesome conversation (as always) and great company. (Reminds me I have to get together with N yet – sorry!) It is terrible that S is leaving next year. Every time I think about it, I get sad. I am going to truly miss her.

Unfortunately, I was wiped out after lunch and instead of going to B&C’s party and infecting everyone, I stayed home and played on the computer and tried to relax. Today, I did some shopping, then came home and did a whole bunch of gardening stuff and then rested. My garden looks so bare. I cut down all the raspberry bushes and took out all the veggies that were done and all I have left is one spinach plant, 3 lettuce plants, and a row of beets. Wednesday those will be going to some coworkers and the neighbor and anyone else if I have any left. The garden looks so empty and it makes the yard look so big. Very odd.

So the other latest thing that I am doing is – I started a yoga class on Mondays. I know, I know, I have to tape Heroes cause the class is the same time as Heroes, but I have the PVR now. I will survive. Heehee. I am looking forward to yoga though. I am hoping that it will give me some relaxation and some more flexibility. What a week of new things eh?

This week is exhausting just thinking about it because all the shows start this week – okay, most of them start this week. I have already started out planning the whens and what needs to be taped and what order to watch things. Wednesdays and Thursdays are going to be the worst. I am very excited though to see all my fave shows again. They’re like friends to me. Hee hee.

Anyway, I am getting cold, which means I am tired, so I should be off to bed. Have a couple more chores to do and then I am out like a light.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home