Thursday, October 04, 2007

Keep myself awake

Tomorrow is my last day at my current office. Has my two weeks notice done any good for my co-workers? No. They aren’t ready for me to leave. I don’t think they really have an idea of what all I do at the office. They think they do, but I don’t think they really know. I have been writing cheat sheets all week and today I spent a good portion of the day sifting through my desk, tossing and editing and getting it ready so that someone else can take it. Tomorrow I go in to write a few more cheat sheets, prep a few emails and then start saying goodbye.

We had a potluck lunch today for me. It was a great potluck, though it felt weird being there for both shifts. Of course, I ended up being the last person in the room, like they always seem to plan and so for my own potluck, I got to put away the excess food and wash all the dishes. No one came by to help or see what I was doing for almost 45 minutes. And then I went straight into training someone on something that they were trained on weeks ago, but they didn’t want to learn it because they thought I would always be there to do it. And then back to cleaning my desk. It actually looks like a desk now. And I only have one box to ship to my new work (would have been nothing, except they haven’t found someone to take over one of my duties) and one box to bring home. Pretty good I think. I tossed a lot of stuff today. Most of it from my duties as training lead that, due to my new position and a change in procedure, I won’t be doing ever again.

I got a really nice card from everyone and that was really nice. It was very upbeat and positive, which was nice. The gift was perfect for me so I know at least the supervisor knew me a bit.

I don’t know how I feel right now though. I have been avoiding the feeling part by keeping really busy. And that has worked. But tomorrow is it…I am done…and I don’t know what I feel. It is all kind of jumbled right now. It is hard to leave the safe, familiar world, even though I know I am so under appreciated and so over worked and truly stressed out. I guess part of it is that I am going from leaving this office to my holidays and then starting the new job, so part of me is too busy planning holidays to worry about what happens when the holidays are over. It’ll probably hit me once I leave tomorrow. Then we’ll see how I feel.

Yoga is going well. I am really enjoying it and I was very happy that this last time, I did not spend the next two days with extremely sore hamstrings. Ouch! The instructor is very good at describing the moves and there was only one really bad section where we were doing a move that wasn’t all that easy and she got caught up going to each person making sure we were doing it right and she forgot to mention that we should stop at 6. Instead we all did more like 10-15. Very painful for those last few. Phew.

Anyway, I am going to go catch some more of my shows. I am hoping to give you all a glimpse into my thoughts on the new tv season soon, so stay tuned. Heehee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home