Wednesday, August 15, 2007

You take one part happiness and one part frustration…

So things in general are going well. Work is driving me crazy, but then again – it’s work, what do I expect? I just wish my department would get a backbone and remind the other department that we are helping them, so stop making our lives so flippin’ difficult.

The toy we got is bringing us lots of enjoyment. Heehee. We had a little bit of problems at gaming as the surface scratched easily, but we called the company to see what they had used as a protective top and they said that they would just pick up the pieces that scratched and fix them for us. Isn’t that cool? Mind you, the house just finally got to a state where I don’t walk in and smell that ‘new’ smell. We’ll probably have that protective gloss smell again. Sighhh.

Let’s talk geeking – how much of the live-action/table top game is dependent on its game master versus player? How much does each depend on each other? How much control should each have over story? Rules? Etc? Just wondering.

Can you tell I am procrastinating about Halloween? Man, I have come up with so many other things that ‘need’ to be done, just so I don’t have to do the invites. And it is not that I don’t love the Halloween party and such. I am just frustrated with the thought of how far behind we are in preparing and such. I am almost done the invite though. Not doing a special website this year or anything, though I did think about using evite for the invitations. But I have enough trouble deciding who to invite, goodness knows what would happen if I allowed everyone to determine if they were coming by the guest list. Heehee.

I blanched beans yesterday. That was fun. Did you know that when you blanch purple beans they come out green? I thought that was most interesting. It is a very dark green, but it is green. How odd.

It’s funny how many people are watching their diets at work. We stand around the water cooler and talk about the latest book we have read or what workouts we have been doing. Everyone is watching what each other are eating (though I told everyone that there was no getting between me and my food, while others have the strict rule that we can rip food out of their hands if it is not in their diet). I personally just finished Bob Greene’s Best Life book and a co-worker is in between LA Weight Loss and Body for Life for Women. Another just finished a cleanse. And we are all doing different workouts, so we show each other moves and such. It is quite humorous.

Anyway, I guess I have procrastinated enough. I should get Halloween invitations done and be ahead of last year – whoohoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home