Monday, December 10, 2007

An act in stupidity

Performed by none other than moi
The boss invites me to sit in a meeting this afternoon as the minute taker. Things are going fine, it’s a meeting, so lots is being said, nothing is being resolved, but it is all new to me, so it is kinda interesting. Then a few people start leaving and the eastern company says they have to leave because of the time difference. I look at my clock and realize that that person must have stayed late cause with the time difference it would be 5:25. Where did the time go? So I continue writing, but now keep an eye on the time cause I have so much to do tonight that I cannot miss my bus. 10 minutes before the hour, people are in and out of the meeting and it is mentioned that we should have planned for a break. Of course, I am thinking, well, no point now, cause we need to wrap this up. So at the hour, I whisper to the boss that I gotta go or I will miss my bus. He nods, so I race back to my desk, put my winter boots and coat on, deciding that I will grab the toque and mitts when I get on the bus. Someone else is leaving and we make idle chitchat as we take the elevator. I get to my stop and one of my bus buddies is there. The bus is running a little late and I notice that the other bus buddy is not there, but then again she has been getting a few rides home lately. The bus pulls up and I get on, noticing that there are LOTS of seats. I sit and look for my bus buddy to make the comment about how empty it is, but she sits at the front. I look at my clock and much to my surprise it says 3:12. I blink a couple of times, but the time doesn’t change. I ask the guy beside me who confirms it is only 3:12. Two stops after getting on the bus, I get off and start huffing it back to my office because I don’t get off until 4. ACK! I race back to work, run into the boss as I arrive where we share a huge laugh at my stupidity and I ask if he would like me to return to the meeting and he says if I want. So I get my total embarrassment under control and return to the meeting (missing just 25 minutes). The boss is a really great guy and he teases me a couple of times about the actual time. Of course at the end of the meeting, it comes out what happened and we all share a laugh and I state that this just proves my dedication since I came right back.

The funny thing is – they didn’t get much further in the meeting, so I really didn’t miss much.

And that was the tale of my day. You can imagine how the rest of the day was, in order for it to get that bad. I hope it gets better. Oy!

And now for the normal news – I have new windows and doors! Yeah! The insulation on the exterior of the house is at least 50% done. Yeah! My house is almost back to order. Yeah! My desk is, of course, a mess.

Y’all can hate me if you want. Not only am I done my Christmas cards and shopping, I have completed my baking and I have wrapped all but 3 presents. Rockin’! Now that the contractors are done in the house, I can decorate this week and start prepping for Christmas Eve party, which has grown a bit. Have a few things left to do for that.

The next 2.5 days I am in training and it is the Christmas season, which means I will probably have to figure out how to get home. According to my calculations, three buses later, I should be home about an hour to an hour and a half after I get off work. Sighhh. It is going to be very looooong days for the next few days. Wish me luck.

Anyway, it is the last day of Yoga, so I should get ready to go. After Yoga is the Social Event of the Season, so I must also make sure that is all ready to go so D can take that along for when I get picked up. Long days indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home