Thursday, October 02, 2008

Will you please be my victim?

Yes, Harper, lay down and let me walk all over you, like the sludge that you are. In fact, that might give you too much credit. Perhaps you are the fungus that grows on the sludge at the bottom of the sewer tank. Still too much credit?!? Perhaps.

Y’all know my opinions on our illustrious leader, Mr Harper. I find myself constantly surprised no one has pied him the face yet. I mean, so many other politicians were pied, why not Harper? Perhaps all the people think pie is too good for him – then think mud pies people. Get creative.

What can I say that I haven’t already? One of the latest scandals is the fact that Harper plagiarized a speech given by an Australian politician. I thought this was old news though and really, does the average Canadian care? Really, which one of them hasn’t stolen someone else’s words and taken them as their own? Does it make Harper just an average citizen? Heck no! He’s our Prime Minister which means he is supposed to be above all the lowly standards. I expect him to come up with original thoughts and to speak with an intention that is his own. You want to borrow a line or two from someone’s speech, well, who am I to argue? But you know what, admit you are doing it – say he said it best – or… just shut up. You sacrificed a lowly poli-sci person below you. How egomaniacal of you? Why do you not take responsibility for the words that come out of your mouth? And when will people learn to listen to what he actually says?

How about the fact that 3 ministers stepped down before the vote was called? My first thought was why are they stepping down. What are they trying to tell voters by quitting? I believe they are telling us that they won’t work for Harper again, that maybe there is a reason not to vote for him and though they can’t say why, take the action for the suspicion it is.

The English debate is tonight. Thank goodness they let the green party in. Because as I have said before – if they can allow a party who only can only be represented in one province the right to debate with the 3 main parties, then why can’t they invite the Green party who actually won a bit of votes last time and are available across Canada?

And what will Harper do when Bush is out of office? Is he ready to suck up to Obama? Or perhaps he is hoping for McCain, he is used to ‘old white flesh’ already. Ooh – the images that brings to mind. Bet he was originally hoping for Ms Clinton – he probably wouldn’t mind doing both the president and the first man. Heehee.

You should have heard how depressed I was at the start of this election – my choices were:
- green party chick: been told by friends (and fave coworker’s friend confirmed) she is crazy. Plus at the last election, she did not impress me at all.
- current conservative – arse-hole supreme who was brought up (not officially charged) with hate crimes due to his hatred of non-heterosexual people. Wouldn’t vote for him if he was my only choice.
- Liberal – no news on this person, other than Dion does not impress me and if he thinks he can come in here and steal the money from Alberta’s oilsands, well, honey, pie will be the least of your worries.

No, really, those were my choices. I was actually contemplating voting liberal. OMG!!!! However, the good news is the NDP is represented in my area and he is a decent one. So I will not be contributing to the destruction of Harper in this election. I am voting for opposition as usual and I am voting with the hope to replace one idiot with someone who has a greater decency to him.

I have more rants, but it is coming 8 and I am starving for supper. Poor fave co-worker gets to hear all about my dislike for the PM. Thankfully, he agrees with me.

Please VOTE everyone. We can make a difference and voting gives us the right to complain about who everyone else voted for (and really – that is the most important reason of all).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home