Monday, June 26, 2006

The weird that is me…

So I received some cds in the mail today that I ordered from air miles (what? Who said you had to use them on actual travel?) and it was a reminder of how varied my tastes are. I received Eminem’s Curtain Call, Def Leppard’s the Vault and Rihanna’s A girl like me. Whoo! It was very hard to decide which to listen to first – but I decided on Rihanna. I love her song SOS, it always makes me move. My favorite of hers, thus far, is Unfaithful. I love the imagery that arises from this song.

Everytime I walk out the door I see him die a little more inside I don’t wanna hurt him anymore I don’t wanna take away his life I don’t wanna be a murderer.

I might as well take a gun and put it to his head.


I don’t know. There is just something about the song that I understand – it echoes similar tones to a poem I had written several years back about adultery.

Mind you, that is just me. And I also listen to Britney Spears and most of my friends are shuddering right now because of that. Heehee.

New considerations for the blog came up recently. A friend started his own blog and it’s very him and I commented on it a couple of time – cause who doesn’t like to receive comments? And so he asked for my blog address. It is amazing what goes through the mind when that happens. I had to ask myself did I want him to read it, was it safe to read, I am such a boring person why would anyone read it. I found myself telling him not to expect much because you know, it’s my blog. Part of me feels like I have to raise my standards of what I am writing, cause really I was able to this point pretend only a couple people were reading my blog and they adore me, so it’s okay if I am not on top of the game every time. The pressure. Which of course, led me to the conclusion that I should just kick my own arse, cause it’s my blog and what I want write is what I write and if it is the most boring blog around, then people who don’t know me will never read it and… that’s okay with me. I briefly thought I would say it wouldn’t matter if my friends didn’t read it, but that would bother me, so I will just pretend they all do. Heehee.

I am waiting as patiently as I can for the new Laurel K Hamilton book. I pre-ordered it. It comes out today I believe. Sighhhh. The cds are really good, but they are no replacement for Nathanial... or Micah... or Frost... or... so many to choose from.

Okay, as promised, some recipes. The first is... I know, hold the applause, its pancakes. Hear me out – I have never made pancakes from scratch until 2 weeks ago. On June 7, I cut a recipe out of the journal. Later that week, a coworker mentioned he had made pancakes for the first time from scratch. We thought it was funny that I hadn’t made them from scratch either. Pancakes always came from a box. Anyway, he raved about how good the pancakes were and so on my holidays I broke down and made them. Wow! I totally get what he was saying. What a difference. Even heated up a second time, they are just that much better than boxed pancakes. So I share with you the recipe that made me so ecstatic about pancakes again.

2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
1/4 cups (50 ml) white sugar
1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
2 1/4 tsp (12 ml)baking powder
1/2tsp (2 ml) baking soda
2 large eggs
2 cups (500 ml) buttermilk (there is 1% buttermilk, to make up for the real butter)
1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted (I used Real butter)
1 cup (250 ml) berries (optional – I’m a purist and so no berries for me)

Stir dry ingredients together. In separate bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Stir the egg mixture into the dry mixture with a spatula, forming a lumpy batter. Don’t overbeat.

How you cook them is your discretion. For Christmas, we received a funky pancake cooker that looks just like an indoor grill and it makes pancakes like a dream. (Omelets too, but that is another story.) Big thing is of course NEVER flip a pancake more than once.

If you put berries in, you are supposed to ladle 1/3 cup of batter onto your cooking surface and then sprinkle a few berries in.


And of course, the ever awaited Chicken and biscuits – the easy way – this recipe I got from the Travelin' Texans blog. It just looked so easy and yummy that I had to try it. It just took me a few months to remember to buy cream of chicken soup. Heehee oops!

2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 cup or more milk
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (I didn’t have so I used Mrs. Dash seasoning)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can cream of chick soup
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 package Philsbury country biscuits

Cook philsbury country biscuits as per directions. Cook the rest of the ingredients about 10 minutes on medium high heat and then pour over cooked biscuits.

Seriously, it is that easy and it tastes SO good, even the next day heated up for lunch. Even D raved about it.

Now I should move on to paying a few bills. Joy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the problem is this friend adores you too, so it’s all good. Thanks for being willing to share your thoughts with me. And thanks also for propping up my ego by commenting on my Blog.

Hmm, Should I make this comment in character and have it stretch on over half the screen? Probably not…

Also I will say this and attempt to get you to believe it: You write very well. Now I know I am an adoring friend and you know me pretty well to know I’d find something nice to say about your Blog, but I think you also know that I’m pretty honest and, lastly creative enough that I’d find something else nice to say if it wasn’t true. You write very well lady!

11:22 pm, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home