Sunday, June 18, 2006

Holidays are done…

So the week of my holidays is now done. Sighhhh. Seems like I did nothing, though I know we got a lot done. It rained all week – of course, it is sunny today. Stupid weather.

News – 1 car paid off, 1 to go. Whew! Yes, we had to scrounge to finish paying the car, but a car is paid off. Surprisingly, not nearly as excited as I thought I would be about that. Drats!

Halloween stuff – I am sooooo stuck and D despite being helpful sporadically in the past is not being helpful now. I wanted the invites to go out. I am just about done the website. Do we have an idea on the invites? No. So much still to do and it feels like we have no time – I mean seriously, I have to get off my case – Halloween is still 4 months away – OMG – 4 months! – only 4 months?!? ------ okay, breathe, that is a lot of time. Really, it is…

We found a house exterior we like – we just need to figure out who can do that. It’s on Saskatchewan Drive – 204 I think or 212, or something like that. It looks like large castle stones. That is what I want my house to look like – something solid, something that has roots to the land. And it is my castle, so why shouldn’t it look like one.

Oilers – The rook had a great comment on his blog about people yelling out WOO every time the Oilers win and how he didn’t know this Woo person, so on Saturday, I yelled back to these people – WOO WHO? They just yelled WOO in response. I mean really people, how is anyone supposed to help if you can’t tell us which Woo you are looking for? Heehee

Stagette – awesome party! Despite the Oilers winning, the fans did not take over the bar. Pride week was much more important at the bar and I am very happy for that. There were some interesting people there – aren’t there always? There was ‘Trevor’ – who despite me table dancing with my elbow in his back, he refused to move away from our table. He also didn’t get the hint when A proceeded to ask him and his girl some pointed questions about his general lack of … well, let’s just say, bad hair, bad clothes, not a good impression. Then there was the 80’s guy – possibly a fabulous outfit, except as the 80’s and even the spring 2006 fashion, showed – wearing a skirt over pants ONLY works if the pants are tight. Loose khakis under a black flirty skirt do not work. The collar and the striped top that was pulled off the shoulders were fine, the bottom half – not so much. A&J were looking stunning. Chef Schmee was radiant despite having walked WEM all afternoon and milady_j was looking mighty fine both clothes and hair wise. D was hawt and had the butt cheek touched by someone walking by. Heehee. Still don’t know if the girl in the white dress that was tied on was actually wearing panties. The dj was rockin’ last night too. Good music – I almost hated to leave, but D was starving and I turn into a pumpkin at 1. No, really, I do… ;-)

Speaking of which, I should probably finish my chores before I head off to bed so I can return to work tomorrow. Sighhhh – should be interesting. I am not technically back to my official job until the end of June, so what do I do? Hmmmm…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home