Thursday, June 08, 2006

Simmer Down now, Simmer Down

Sorry I have not been up to date in blogging. My wonderful service provider has basic dropped me down to dial-up service for the past few weeks and it has been getting slower. Today, it seems to be okay at this moment, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that I will be able to get this post on.

D stated today that I am not good at receiving compliments. I try really hard to just accept them and move on. Part of me, the polite Canadian part of me, wants to say Thanks and then repay them with a compliment as well. Sometimes, I don’t have a compliment to give though. I was talking with a trainer from Hay River about some stuff coming up and she mentioned that she heard that I had missed my calling, that I was a really good trainer and blah, blah, blah. I said thanks and then steered the conversation to her views on how the training itself was going and what we have learned from doing the training. The problem was that part of me wanted to say I had heard good things about her, but I hadn’t. D said I should have said, “I haven’t heard much about how you are doing, but none of it is bad.” Except some of it was. So I don’t know. I like receiving compliments. Flattery CAN work on me. But I have trouble just accepting it and not lessening the effect by counter complimenting. I am working very hard on just saying Thanks and letting it move along.

Mind you, she was not as bad as the one participant I had. What a darling, but man, she is persistent. She kept going on how good I was and what about me was so good as a trainer and when I interrupted to say Thanks, she would be like “No. I mean, you are really good at this.” Seriously, every time I thanked her, she wouldn’t accept it. All I can say is, people, if you thought I was that awesome please tell my superiors. A promotion would be nice.

The last training session went totally great. For the first time, everyone passed the first assessment. Yes! In fact, after all was said and done, they all passed each of the three challenges with flying colors. It was awesome. N and I worked like a dream together. Such a sweetie. I totally have hope for our dream that he become a big wig and I his assistant. Now, before y’all get irritated with that statement, I DON'T WANT to be the big wig. I want to be the power behind the figurehead. I want to plan someone’s life and organize things. It is what I do best and it is what I love. And… everyone knows the assistant really runs things.

Next week, I am on holidays. Yeah! So need the time off. No plans though. Just some window shopping, yes literally, and some siding shopping. There are interesting news that may be coming – we may… be able to pay off a car. I know, so shocking. I am not sure how we managed to save that amount of money, but we may be close. That will be such a relief. One debt down, a few more to go. Now, if Chapters hadn’t had that big sale on… I would have more money for the car. But really – they doubled their discount. I had to buy. Ack! So many books. Sighhh! And my magazine started showing up in my file – Romantic Times Book Reviews – I know it sounds hokey, but it reviews about 290 books a month, so I can read the reviews and see if I am interested, before I buy. It has saved me money in the past. Course it has also cost me money as it introduced me to a few new books in other genres I wouldn’t have looked at. It does all sorts of genres, not just romance.

I had too much sugar tonight. Note: It is very hard to get that last few Nerd ™ candies out of the package, especially when the other side is still full.

Anyway, before I come down from my sugar high, I want to get some of my Halloween stuff prepped – I am setting up a website for my Halloween party. Very interesting. Lots of work is going into it and Halloween is so close. Ack! Yeah, I should do that, so the first set of invites can go out. I know, I am such a keener!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home