Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's cute how I think you're listening...

I am exhausted! So much is happening at work right now, it is just almost too much and I am soooo sick of doing tests and interviews and all that fun stuff. Today was another interview. I decided to take the bus, because I wasn’t really sure where I could park. I looked up the transit system on line and got it to plan my trip – except the times were wrong. So I missed my transfer and after waiting 7 minutes, I was worried I would end up being late for the interview so I walked 8 blocks downtown to get to my interview. It was hot out today. And 8 blocks can be a really long walk, especially when you are pushing yourself so that you are not late. However it is done. I have no idea how I did. I answered the questions, I did their computer test and then I visited with a friend who is working there. That was fun. She kindly gave me a ride back to Canada Place so I didn’t have to transfer again.

And I am thirsty and starving and besides the snacky food I have had, I really don’t feel like cooking tonight. And D wants food before he goes out to talk about gaming. Sighhh – this is when I, the domestic goddess, wants a harem who will do these odd little things to make my life easier. Don’t you think I deserve one? (blink, blink, blink – big innocent smile) Heehee

Another test on Monday, after the social event of the season and I don’t feel like studying at all. I really am thinking just give me back my old job and then I don’t have to worry about any of this. The only problem is that my position is being slowly demolished. Soon there will be no more of me…Sighhh!

Stuff happening with the Celebration of the Dark Season. Don’t want to discuss now. Though I am totally impressed with my doings. I think I did awesome.

Can you believe I am too tired to rant? Yeah – I don’t believe that either. Heehee. Here my latest thought – I recently received a temporary promotion in which I have several more duties and some of my old ones. Now the point of this promotion was to make equal to all others in the office (other than the supervisor). So I am no longer what I was. I am the same as them and my old position is to be filled with all of us rotating. This has been explained several times over the last several weeks and yet this morning, it was stated again that they understand that I will be doing my old job AND they will be rotating to replace me for the few hours I need to do my additional work. Excuse me?!? I repeated again that I am no long my old position. I got a yeah, yeah, and later heard them talking about how they will be just assisting me, not replacing me. OY! I don’t care that I am 15++ years younger than y’all. I am your equal. Get off your butts and accept it. Cause if you don’t, please remember that I am doing all of these interviews so that I can move up in the world and the more you treat me like I am dirt, the less likely I am to stay.

The positive thing of today is that I have done over 14,000 steps today. And tonight I can relax, cause I did my 10,000. That is nice. Sighhh! I like it when my steps are done before I get home. I don’t have to panic about getting them in. Actually, these last few days, I have done a lot of steps. Which is nice. I hope it translates on Saturday into loss of numbers on the scale. That would be nice.
Queen Victoria forbade knocking, insisting on a gentle scratching. But she did like one sound: [an entry in the Encyclopedia] Britannica mentioned her bustle that played “God Save the Queen” when she sat on it. Sort of a royal whoopee cushion.

My office is really clean, if you look left. Don’t look right, cause the piles threaten to fall each time you stare at them.

One picture on my wall in here is crooked. I would fix it but somehow it is precisely in the middle of everything, thereby not allowing me to reach it. How irritating. Don’t is know it should always lean the other way cause then I will never notice it. Heehee.

I am feeling rather disconnected today. The mind just keeps hoping – I found this. Thought I would share.

So… I should go make food. Maybe my blood sugar is low. Yeah, that’s my excuse. Surrrrrre…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home