Thursday, August 10, 2006

My head is completely exhausted

In order to get an official promotion in my company, I need to apply for other positions and thus do testing. Today was such a day. And I am soooo exhausted now. It started off so well – there was a knowledge test, testing you on what you knew about the company. Pretty easy. Had tons of time left. Next the mathematics test – what a bunch of BS! 30 questions to be done in 25 minutes. No calculators allowed. You had to hand write things to do them. AND there were percentages, fractions and decimals all mixed together. I am sorry, but while I like to think that I am pretty smart, especially when it comes to math (my fave subject), this test was impossible. There were 3 questions I didn’t answer and 3 that I just filled in some answer just for that 20% chance that I choose correctly. Arghhh! Then lunch. I had met this wonderful person prior to starting the day and we went to lunch together and we just talked. It was weird cause we just clicked. So that was a nice break. Then back to an afternoon of testing though they were nowhere near as exhausting/trying/depressing as that math one. The last test was a 90 minute one and I finished all 50 questions in just under an hour and then went back and rechecked them – good thing too – since I had somehow filled in the wrong circle for one question. Sheesh. So here is hoping that it all works out and get decent scores. I REALLY don’t want to do that all again.

In other news, it is a short week and I really don’t want to go to work tomorrow. I have a migraine, have had a migraine coming on since Tuesday, but I keep beating it back. Tonight it is not being beaten back all that well, so I hope it goes away after some sleep. I want to have a decent weekend. Not that there is much planned.

Nothing really has happened this week, other than today. I spent the rest of the time studying. All the knowledge that tomorrow will be flushed out of my brain. Thank goodness. Tomorrow is YaYa. That will be nice. All this interesting news to share. Hopefully, I will remember it all. Heehee.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in, make sure you all knew I was still alive.

Oh wait – I just remembered something that happened on the weekend – heehee – sometimes, my youthful exuberance just comes crashing out – milady was taking her sweet time picking out some things at Claire’s, so I was looking around and I came to this whole section devoted to… It’s Happy Bunny!!!!! I was good and I restrained myself from buying so much, though the keyboard stickers would have been cute… I only bought a couple cellphone charms – that’ll I make into earrings or something. And a mood pen – the whole reason I got the pen was for the statement cute, but kind of evil. Heehee. So me.

Okay that is all now. I need to go prep the squares for YaYa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home