Sunday, October 15, 2006

I sincerely want you to genuinely worship me

What a weekend. I really feel like NOTHING got done. Lots of pushing things around and pretending to do things, but nothing really concrete. This week is going to be SOOOOO busy trying to get everything ready for the party. I tried working on the sign tonight, but the paint didn’t work, so now I have to figure something else out. I really don’t want to color it all in with a black marker, but I have a feeling that will be exactly what we will have to do. I should have worked on the treat bags, but I want one more thing to add to it.

The interesting thing I learned is that our furnace room has a lock on the door. Never noticed that before, or at least not recently. I went to turn off the water and low and behold, it was locked. Thank goodness it did not snow this weekend, so we can get a locksmith in and get the door unlocked so the water outside can be shut off before it really starts to freeze. Sighhhh.

I had a great lunch with S. It is just so wonderful to talk with her. We never run out of things to talk about and we have no problems discussing world issues or just what is going on with ourselves. We can discuss our feeling about work and how hard the house is to keep clean. And we both take forever to order cause we are usually talking too much to remember to look at the menu. And we actually for the first time were conscious enough to remember the time and when she needed to be elsewhere. That was shocking, but also because we both knew it was really important for her to be there at that time.

A&J came over last night and we had a great time catching up with them. It is funny though, we often invite people over to play games and then what happens is we sit around and chat and forget to play the games. D has people over tonight to play poker. I decided to opt out (my goody-two-shoes side prefers that I not gamble – heehee) so I have been trying to paint the sign (see above for story of disaster) and then work on my blog.

In case you haven’t noticed, I bought a new Happy Bunny calendar, so I am using the quotes as my headers again. Heehee. I am even wearing my Happy Bunny socks tonight. The match so well with my black sweater and black pants, them being baby blue with big bunny faces on them. Course the socks say “I just realized that I don’t care” which so goes with my feeling today of wearing them, I don’t care if they don’t match, they are what I wanted to wear.

C came in to talk tonight and I keep forgetting just how much STUFF is in my office to look at. I think it took her a good 15 minutes to see just about everything. I never really notice how much there is, but if you move something, that I will notice and it drives me nuts. Well, that and the fact that you can then see the dust on the shelf. If nothing moves, it all looks clean. Heehee.

I found a new chip today. They are called Hardbite and they are “100% Natural Artisan Chips” with “Himalayan Crystallized Salt – Salt for Life.” I tried the Jalapeno ones cause I love that flavor and WOW – they are soooo good. I shared with C and even she thought they were good. Just a little kick, but so… neat tasting – I don’t know if it is the Himalayan Crystallized Salt or just the spices they used, but I must say I was very happy to pick those up.

Oh – just a minutes- well, just two minutes and 47 seconds– Close Your Eyes is playing right now – the Buffy/Angel love theme – oh, I love this song, I can picture the whole scene and when she has to… just a moment – talk amongst yourselves (sniff, sniff)

Okay, it has moved on now. Such a poignant piece of music. Anyway, what was I talking about? Ahhh yes, food – one of the passions of my world. I have to make butterscotch squares this week again. And maybe some more banana bread. I bought two flavors of the chips – I also got Yogurt and Wild Onions which I am hoping is good. Oh wait, I just turned the bag over – get a load of their description -
Wrap your teeth around the original Hardbite Chips. Rugged dippin’ chips. Not some flimsy imitation. The perfect chips to satisfy all your physical and emotional cravings.
Our chips are made with unfettered free range potatoes, sliced, spiced and kettle cooked for that incredible big bite taste.
…Disclaimer: Mass consumption of this product may cause some individuals to have too much fun.

Oh My Goodness – that is soooooo hilarious. Seriously, that is what it says. I love these chips for their descriptor alone, but they also taste really good. Love it. The fact that they are Canadian is just a given with that descriptor. Heehee.

Anyway, it is getting late, so I think I shall go clean up a little and get ready for bed. Lots to do tomorrow to start prepping. Goodness, I hope it stops raining soon. There is sooo much to do outside and none can be done until the rain stops. Sighhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home