Tuesday, September 12, 2006

She says it best...

From Laurell K Hamilton's blog Mon, September 11, 2006.
Anniversaries.
I grew up with my grandmother not exactly celebrating, but remembering, my mother's death. Early August was her annual depression, her anniversary depression. I grew up knowing that it was coming, and being forced to wallow in the pain of it. I don't like anniversary depressions and I refuse to participate in this one. 9/11 has come again, and we are still here. We are still America. We are still the home of the brave and land of the free. Don't let anyone take that away from you, from us. Remember who you are. Who we are as a people. Don't let the terrorist take away who we are, and don't let other American's take away who we are. The terrorist do it with fear, and the American politicians do it with fear, too. Remember what Thomas Jefferson said, "The man who would choose security over freedom deserves neither."

I must say... I quite agree with Jefferson.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taryn said...

Perhaps if he stepped up the entry requirements so that not every tom, dick or ahmed could enter Canada as a permanent resident in a speedy process due to the war in their area, perhaps the chance of another Sept 9 would be smaller since we would be actually thinking National Security and not good publicity. "Photo op George, let's do this together and I'll show you something special tonight that I learned on Kink."

6:01 pm, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home