Monday, October 09, 2006

Sorry for being absent…

I have been really sick. The first time I have had a head cold in a while actually. Now I remember why I hate being sick. Having high blood pressure (the benefits of being a type A personality and having LOTS of self-control), I am unable to take most cold medication, which means… I get to suffer. However, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been. Thank goodness for sick days too, cause Thursday I went home early – still did too much, but went to bed early – and Friday, I stayed home and from Thursday to Friday, I got 14 hours of sleep. Wow! Friday night was another 12 hours of sleep and then the cold started moving down… sighhh – this is the part I hate. I hate the cold being in my chest. Cause there is nothing I can do to make it better. I medicate heavily at night – Tylenol, vitamin C and Echinacea, then sleep for about 9 hours and then though I am still exhausted, I cannot sleep due to coughing. So instead of waking everyone up, I get up and putter all the while hating the fact that as soon as I sit up I am fine, try to lie down and cough, cough, cough. Sighhh.

So today we are just coughing and sniffling a little, which is nice. I am hoping that it doesn’t get too bad and that my holidays, which officially started on Saturday, go well. So much to do, so little energy right now, so I just putter and hope I feel well enough to do all that we- errrr- I have planned.

Our Halloween party seems to be going well. Over 50% of people replied which is awesome and the majority that replied are coming. Yeah! And yesterday was our last gaming night til after the party, so I can start the decorating and food planning and costuming and such. So much to do still…and my bro says he will take me to Costco so I can pick up a few last minute treat bag items and menu things. I think it is an awesome theme this year, though everyone is a little stumped on the broadness of the theme… the bonus too is that we will have established this company so in the future we can always use them again. Yeah! Cause I did a lot of work for setting up the company and all of its ins and outs and I like them. We can do soooo much with it if we want. Obviously not next year, cause next year’s theme is all picked out AND sad that I may be, I already have costume ideas in mind. Heehee.

D has holidays as well, though several hours of time are devoted to D working at our fave Halloween store – gratuitous promotion here – CUSTOM COSTUMES – the most fabulous store in Edmonton (though most (er- all) of D's earning go right back into buying merchandise from the store). I know several may say that Shirley Potter’s is good and yes, they have some items that are nice, and no I have not been to the new location, but my previous experience with them left me feeling unsatisfied and the owners of Custom Costumes have always been soooo nice and open. The merchandise is always fresh and goodness knows if we could, we would spend a lot of money there decorating the house. Heehee.

Ooh, shows are on shortly – must go – my ‘winter activities’ call for my attention…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home