Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Phblllggght

Yeah, that is how I feel today. I keep voyaging between being happy and being mentally exhausted today. It was a decent day – lots of people loved my earrings (my formerly blinking Christmas trees) and everyone was happy I was on reception – clients love me. They really love me! Heehee. I just would get tired and then have to fake being happy for awhile. I think it is just from trying to plan when I am going to get all the food shopping done between my schedule and D’s and of course, my desire not to drive at night. And will it last – I need it for Sunday, will the peppers last 5 days, heck, will the store even have produce? The storm in BC has affected everyone’s deliveries, so Save On was empty on Sunday. Maybe I’ll convince D to chauffer me tonight so I can finish that last little bit. I got the shrimp rings today (almost forgot about them – and I remembered sauce this year – heehee).

The weekend was good – A&J decided on a spontaneous Cheesecake supper on Friday which I went to. The French onion soup was fabulous as usual, but the Egg Nog cheesecake – not so much. I only ate 1/3 of it (which is my norm) and the next morning, I had a bit more, but I tossed it Monday as it just wasn’t good enough to keep my interest. Now if only they hadn’t Ruined the English toffee cheesecake by mixing in white chocolate cause it looked Good!

Saturday, I finished decorating the main floor (started Friday). It is very understated, but so classy. I have put out my Nawlins’ masks (they remind me of Mardi gras) and added my new corset decorations. Added a wreath, and blue lights and some of my prettier ornaments and it is just an understated warmth. I like it! I keep admiring it and noticing the little touches, like the crystal ornament hanging off the front door light and the ornament hanging over the downstairs door. I removed some of the usual decorations and it is like the room is new. We needed a change (and the wreath hides the big booboo in the wall I made when I put up my main pic in the living room – don’t tell D – I haven’t yet. Heehee).

Sunday, I came downstairs to find the graters were doing our road – Yeah!!! Thank goodness, D and I had been planning on shoveling our front road since B said he almost got stuck Friday night, and Sunday morning I had a dream where I shoveled it all by myself. Of course, the neighbor hasn’t moved his van in weeks, so the grater had to work around him, so there was a nice tall ridge of snow blocking the street from the sidewalk. So I went out and proceeded to start shoveling a path through it and then helped our neighbor do his. Just as we were almost finished a path through his, another neighbor came by and said the bobcats were coming to help. So $20 and 20 minutes later, the rest of my front area was plowed as were two of my neighbors and it looks great. However, by that evening, my arms and shoulders were killing me.

Sunday afternoon, I went to pick up my book from the library and came out with a pile of books 2 feet tall. Hey, I know I will be alone a lot the next 2 weeks. Then the disappointing trip to Save On followed by the even more disappointing Taco bell for supper. Ick! I miss when Taco Bell was considered Haute Cuisine in my book. It is just not the same anymore. Sighhh. Though I did get an Eeyore dressed as Pooh ornament. Cool! Heehee.

Sunday night was the customary Christmas gaming night – suppose we should have told the new players. Oops! It went good, everyone seemed to like their gifts and we loved the ones we got. Heehee. A&J got some poker stuff, some wine stuff, and my favorite – the bunny from my fave video B&C got Songs from the Round Table and a 4D puzzle of a knight. Neil got 3 original Beverly Hillbillies videos – with 22 of the shows in black and white. The Hat got a Ravenloft set, which he liked, and some spices (we were so unsure of the set, but it was just too cool and while there are some horrible tales to go with our adventures in Ravenloft, it was also one of the best bits of storytelling I have ever been involved in.) I got a cool purse and drinks. D got popcorn and something else (I don’t remember). The Hat went creative with his gifts and while all were packaged the same, each person’s gift obviously held some thought about what that person would like – mine rocked! I love the dragon pendant and the spells. Heehee. And of course, I have moved all the candy to my office, so I can enjoy the gift for days. Heehee.

Monday, I guess everyone else figured out that I would be alone for the next couple weeks cause my friend at the bookstore lent me a book and my coworker lent me a book. So I now have a 2 feet + pile of books to read in the next few weeks. Whew! Good thing I like to read. Good thing I am almost done the book I read at work too, eh? Heehee. Now, just don’t mention the like 4-foot pile of books in the bedroom I still have to read. Heehee… oops!

Anyway, I am tired and supposedly D will be getting home relatively on time, so I should go start supper. Not that I am hungry, but I am sure I will be in an hour or so.

Only 6 more sleeps til Santa. Heeheehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home