Monday, November 13, 2006

What Not to Wear flyers

What ever did we do to deserve this weather? I understand we were totally spoiled the last few years and I missed the snow at Christmas time and I know the environment and us need the moisture – but enough already! We can take a few weeks of a break from snow, really, I wouldn’t mind. Heh heh. I have shoveled twice today and the snow is still coming down. And I am reminded again (as I am every winter) that I hate the people who put in our front walk. Oh during spring through fall, it is lovely with the stonework and sometimes the grass grows in between and it gives the front yard some character. Then the snow begins to fall…and I hate the grass that grew between the stones, as now it is an obstacle to the shovel and I hate the intricate stonework because the snow just doesn’t come off so easily. And we need to buy another shovel as with all the cracks and unevenness to the sidewalks and driveways, the shovel end is slowly being torn away. Why couldn’t I have noticed this in Spring when all shovels are on sale? Sighhhh.

Other than that, I spent some of my day with my good friend milady (hi milady!). We went out for a brief lunch at Kelsey’s. The service was slow (to be expected with the shortage of workers), but I guess we should have complained A LOT more. The ladies who came in after us whined and complained and were outright rude to the server and they got lunch for free (well, it sounded like that is what the server said). I wanted to make a remark about the fact that they obviously need more to keep them occupied as they had obviously ran out of topics to talk about, but what is the point? I just hate that such rude behavior is rewarded. I understand what they are complaining about, after all, silly us ordered from BPs on Friday. That is a mistake that I don’t think I will be repeating anytime soon. We are warned that it would be 60 to 90 minutes. Fine, we had a movie to watch and food will show up in the middle. At 90 minutes, we call to see where we are in line for food, we are told we will get a call from the store letting us know the timeframe. No call. At 140 minutes (2 hour and 20 minute mark), we call again, asking what is up. The person says they will definitely get the manager to call us. No call. We are just about to call and cancel everything, when, at 2 hours and 45 minutes, the food shows up. Still no call, no explanation, nothing. To me, that is the worst service one can get. I can understand that things happen, but let me know. You got backed up, the driver was in an accident, you ran out of onions, whatever, let me know what has happened so I am aware of what is going on and I am not thinking “What assholes BPs are as usual.” Instead they do nothing and so in return I am using my right to free speech, and if you are one of those rare people who still eats from BPs occasionally, I say DON'T. Don’t eat there, don’t order there, and don’t even consider them. I am sure someplace else will satisfy you in a better and timelier fashion.

Anyway, milady and I had a wonderful time and then very naughtily stopped at Pier One. We were just supposed to window shop and I made sure milady bought nothing. Unfortunately, I walked out with three candles. Mmmm, they smell so nice – there is icy citrus, blackstone and downpour. A very fruity one, a woodsy one and then the smell of the earth after a cleansing rain – I was quite eclectic with my smells today. Interesting. Heehee.

This weekend has been okay for a long weekend. On Friday was the BP fiasco, but we did get to see Aeon Flux which was pretty good. I have no background to the show other than knowing it was supposedly a comic book, so for me, it was good (mind you, the BPs fiasco might have distracted me enough to make it seem good, but I am going with the movie was good). Saturday was a day of shopping (another Christmas present down), and then I went to the Roost with A&J, B&C, DG and D. That was a study in human behavior. What is it with people’s shoes lately? There are some of the most awful shoes on people lately. And they don’t match the outfits at all. There was the eighties dressed chick – black leggings, dark blue tunic shirt and then metallic purple flats. Ewwww! There was the guy whose sneakers looked like he was wearing socks with sandals. There was the librarian with horrible flats – it looked like they were once heeled shoes, but the heels broke off and she kept wearing them. And then there was the guy with the hat – he looked like any normal guy off the street in jeans and a hoodie. Then he added the sparkle toque. It was just bad and it was all I could look at when he walked by. I really couldn’t tell you what his face looked like cause all I could see was the sparkle of sequins that made up his hat. I really want to make up some flyers that say (pretend the copyright is where needed)
“CONGRADS! You are a candidate for What Not to Wear. Please visit the website at tlc.discovery.com to enter your name.”
The music was really good though, very danceable for the most part, though the mixes were a little odd – the 80’s in 5 minutes song or the ABBA in 5 minutes song. And A missed her favorite karaoke song - it played just after D and I arrived. And there was one slow dance song – that was odd. Though I did enjoy them playing Pink’s U & UR Hand. I love that song. Heehee.

Sunday was pretty slow. A little bit of shopping – I broke down and bought some space heaters. They have to be cheaper than turning up the heat. And I finally made the shelf to go behind the bed. I was not impressed Sunday morning at 9:30 am when I grabbed my second pillow and when I laid my head down, the pillow was freezing. I got out of bed about 15 minutes later as I could no longer sleep. So now there is a headboard and my pillow no longer has to touch the cold outer wall. (Yes, I am ignoring the fact that I really need to put more insulation in the walls.) The bad thing is that now I can easily see all the books I bought that I need to read. Oops!

Tomorrow is back to work and a wonderful trudge through all that snow to get there. I hope I don’t have to shovel after work again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home