Friday, January 26, 2007

I am procrastinating…

I have to do a presentation for an interview I have this Wednesday. Ick! I have been working on it at work in between clients – so far I have a beginning 2 paragraphs and a whole lot of info. Does it satisfy the specifications? Who knows. I was going to work on it some more tonight as well as exercise, but I am just frustrated and easily distracted. I did some sewing, prepped some gifts for people’s b-days coming up, put away some baking I did yesterday (I made my squares…heh heh), watched some What Not to Wear, put away some clothes, read blogs, tidied somewhat, and now I am writing a new entry.

My latest annoyance has been working on not replying to ‘Thank You’ with “no problem” as that really does diminish the thank you. Oh My Goodness – is that hard to do. I am not comfortable with saying My Pleasure or even You’re Welcome, so I just end up nodding, smiling or saying Have a Nice Day. Eh, what is up with that?

I have been having some very negative dreams lately – two nights ago I dreamed that my car wouldn’t start properly, so I could putter it into forward, but there were no brakes and so I ended up hitting someone’s car. Talk about freak the heck out me, so I reworked the dream cause I would never attempt to drive a car that didn’t work properly. Then yesterday I dreamt that I got caught shoplifting at the Disney Store, except as the dream played out, I figured out that I had not shoplifted anything as the items included a Tinkerbell which I don’t like cause milady once said that J reminded her of Tinkerbell and since J is not on my most favorite list, I don’t like Tinkerbell and besides if it is me in a Disney Store (especially one the size of a Michael’s) all I would be grabbing is Eeyore which is what I had originally grabbed (the cutest little Eeyore toque, scarf and mitt set) and paid for, but ended up in the bathroom with these two women showing them how cute I looked with my newly purchased items – all because D wasn’t finished looking around the store and I was since I had spend all my money on the heavily discounted set. (And… breathe…) So I don’t know what they heck my psyche is trying to determine, but obviously it is upset with all my positive energy towards improving myself since it is all bad dreams, though for the most part they end on a better note cause I am manipulating them towards it.

I read a very interesting book recently – Godless by Pete Hautman. It is a young adult book, but very interesting. I took a quote from it because it made me think and nod.
Do they really think that attending mass will make them better, or happier, or save them from an eternity of hellfire? Maybe they do. But there are something like ten thousand religions in the world. What makes them think that they happen to have been born into the right one? I have asked this question several times. So far, I haven’t heard a good answer. Better to start your own religion, I think. That way you get to be your own pope.
And yesterday on Oprah, they had an Orthodox Muslim who stated the main difference between them and Catholics that they believe that Jesus is a prophet of God, while Catholics believe that Jesus is the son of God. How interesting. I agreed that it made more sense and was less radical that he was a prophet, rather than the son. If I followed the bible. Though I did do a quiz, which stated that I had a score of 64% on knowing the bible – I thought that was quite good considering I really have only read the picture version I got from a fellow roommate when I was in the hospital as a wee lass. I still think it is interesting that there are so many different religions and yet they all follow similar premises, similar commandments, and similar concepts. And yet most cannot get along with each other. Hmmm.

I have not been at my peak regarding exercising after work this week, though I have been walking at my morning break. I just haven’t done any treadmill and I am low on steps today. I need another 2500 to make my goal of 10,000 steps today. It is not looking good that is for sure. But I just have to do the best I can. That is all I can ask myself, right?

I have so many leftovers right now, I so don’t need to make any big dinners anytime soon. We actually ran out of our lunch dishes and I had to use some of my other plasticware. Sheesh, plus we have filled the fridge freezer and have some in the big freezer. Oy! Guess I really don’t need to buy lunch anytime soon. Heehee.

Oh and if you haven’t recently done so, I recommend that everyone contact Equifax and TransUnion soon and get a copy of your credit report, especially if you have shopped at Winners or Home Sense anytime between May 2006 and December 2006 or if you use CIBC. Better safe than sorry and it is free for both reports.

Did you know that I have a lighter that is in the shape of a penis? It has the veins and everything on it. I found it the other day and it still works. I am sure most men would not be amused to have fire shooting from their penis, but it makes me smile.

Anyway, I should go try to get some more work done around the house and try to do another 2500 steps. That way, at least I can say I procrastinated about my presentation for a good cause. Heehee.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home