Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hell has risen

So I am borrowing D’s computer since it is in the cool basement. Of course, this means I am listening to strange music and using a non-ergonomic keyboard – ooh – I can feel my ears rebelling and my wrists aching already… heehee.

Anyway, Hot enough for you?!? I hate the heat. It very much makes me not want to move. If I just sit on the couch and do nothing then my body generates no heat and thus I will not get hot. Excellent theory, eh? Unfortunately, I am going nuts not being able to do anything. I walk through the house, mentally calculating all the things I could be doing but they all involve the above ground part of the house. The house below ground is kinda in a holding spell. We are getting an assessment of the house again to see what we can do to get the house a little more environmentally friendly and a little less consumptive (with rebates from the government). We are thus holding off on some stuff until the assessment is done. The other thing is that we are getting windows done this year and I already know which walls are going to involve lots of work afterwards. This will also affect what needs to be done. (Really Universe, I could use a little extra cash about now to assist with what needs to be – an influx of lottery winnings would help… heehee).

So L had her baby – whoohoo! A pretty baby girl – I am very happy for her and M. Hopefully, things are going well for them. I figured I would wait a couple of weeks before calling to see if I can intrude and see the little being in person. She looks cute in the pics.

Not much new at work – Beyotch is on holidays for 3 weeks, so life is good that way. The sucky thing is that once again we are going through periods of no air conditioning. The air conditioners are probably a decade old if not more and they fail almost every two days right now. It is so frustrating. When do they figure out that the air conditioners would cost less if you replaced them than they do right now just by ‘fixing’ them? I am not a heat person at all and it just makes me bitchy to have to work in that. Supposedly an Alberta government office has gone green and they took out the air conditioners. I can’t even imagine what that office must be like right now. I can only get so naked and look professional. One of my co-workers suggested we all stand naked in front of the office and refuse to work until they fix it. Can you imagine the scene – several women within 5 years or less of retirement, a few young’uns (such as myself) naked? Yeah – the image scared me too. Heehee.

It’s funny that in this heat all I am thinking about is how to lose some more weight. How do you exercise in this heat? I get so nauseous from the heat just walking to and from work. If I dedicated myself to actually working out, I would be very afraid of heat exhaustion. I haven’t had it this year and I am hoping to avoid it this year. I have had it before and it is not nice. But I am reading a very interesting book – 3 fat chicks on a diet. It goes through all the different diet plans (from Atkins and South Beach to Weight Watchers and Curves to Oprah’s men to surgery). Very informative and it is based on their website which has been established for several years and it talks about what the plans involves, what is good and bad, and who the plans would work best for. Plus there are recipes tailored for several of the diets that look sumptious. There are a few I want to try when I finally feel like cooking again.

Does anyone feel like cooking? I barely feel like eating, but I do cause I know mentally that I need to. But goodness knows I am sick of cooking food. The garden is looking fairly good – though very little lettuce can up this year, which is odd. I have swiss chard going – I have to ask A&J though what to do with it. I know you can cook it, but can it be eaten in a salad like beet leaves and such? And so many of my items have started going to seed already. Weird. So I have to get out there and start eating some more from the garden. And maybe figure out how to collect the seeds. That would be cool. Heehee.

I am having difficulty deciding when to go to K-days er –Capital Ex this year. Weird Al is on the 25, Great Big Sea in on the 26 and Thornley is on the 27. And all are free with admission. Rockin’. Tough decision. I am partial to 27 just cause we saw Thornley at the X and the concert totally rocked. And supposedly this year they are playing songs from their soon to be released second album. Arghhh. So can’t wait to hear that album. But then it’s Weird Al – I love Weird Al. He’s cool. And Great Big Sea – I love all their albums and it would be great to be able to see them too. Hmmmm, think anyone would notice if I call in sick for a few days – heehee.

Anyway, I should actually think about getting some chores done.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Philippe de St-Denis said...

Swiss chard is wonderful cooked like spinach with a little butter and salt.

But it can also be eaten raw straight from the garden. YUM!

4:37 pm, July 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home