Friday, April 27, 2007

Learn the difference between right and wrong.

You’ll probably choose wrong, but you should at least know which is which.

Get this – I saw the doc today for a refill on a prescription and I am told that she will no longer be providing birth control prescriptions due to a change in her practice. I am sorry – but what the?!? I was too stunned to ask why and I wanted to see if she covered why in the pamphlet, but she didn’t. It just says that if you take the pill for cycle control or acne, then she will continue to prescribe it, but if not, then no go. Why should my right to choose whether or not I assist in overpopulating this world be denied by my medical doctor? I mean, seriously, the only reason I can fathom is that due to her beliefs (religious or otherwise), she does not agree with the choice to remain childless. I mean, great, but your choice should not hinder my choice. So now, I have to see if my pharmacy was one of the wonderful ones that will write up prescriptions for me OR I need to start looking for another doctor, which in this market, is virtually impossible.

And goodness forbid, you get sick. Because she also isn’t taking any ‘fit ins,’ you just get the next available time she is available. I actually heard the receptionist tell someone that the next available time was Wednesday late at night or Thursday afternoon, but if the person gets sick, they should go to the hospital. What the heck happened to our medical service? Supposedly our appointments are only 10 minutes long, so you better hope your condition doesn’t require longer than that to explain or be examined. I am still stunned by the message given in this pamphlet. I certainly did not get the feeling that she cares about her clients. I understand that you are busy. Who isn’t? But to disregard your clients in such a manner is just... arrogant. You know, I go out of my way to chart my blood pressure and put in on a graph for her (cause she casually mentioned that it would help her) and she can’t take a minute to add my birth control pills to my prescription list once a year. Wow.

Speaking of busy, at 1:10 pm, I was still taking people who had arrived at the office prior to 9 am. Wanna talk about the definition of stress? We broke our previous record of number of people waiting. We were short staffed and I had to finish training one person in the morning and I had to leave early for my doctor’s appt. Talk about screwed. I did the best I could in the time I could. It’s never enough, but such is the economy.

D&D – we have survived the war, though there is one last skirmish we need to complete. I, the player, am exhausted for my character. It has been non-stop for over a month for my character and I think she is suffering from post-traumatic stress, except it is not post yet. We should be able to finish the module this week, hopefully allowing us some time to determine what our characters want to do in the future as we are taking some time off from this campaign to try out the Eberron world. The one thing I have noticed about D&D is that the longer you play, the weirder the character or situation is. I now want to expand my character’s background so there is something unique in it. For example, Caely has a daughter who has reached an age where she can learn by living with others of the family (the benefits of being an elf). It is not anything game-wise that really interferes, but there is someone back home to live for, or to try new things for, or just to relate tales of what you did. It could have play in the game (I don’t really want that, but it could), but more importantly it rounds out the character. She has a history and a life and there is more to her than one assumes by looking at her. My new character has a vibrant history as well. And some of the others are playing really unique races of characters (I have a love of half-elves and elves). Some people expand and take prestige classes, whereas when you started you tended to pick one class and stuck with it. I still do that for the most part, just because it is a lot easier to keep track of, but there are some prestige classes that I have shown an interest in or I have played some of the more unique classes, like Favored Soul (my first foray into a cleric-like class). I think D&D is a great opportunity for people to try something new without having to worry that in real life, they will be ridiculed or terrorized. And as we get older, the less we want to take chances in real life, but in gaming, we are there for the trying. Amazing. Heehee.

Anyway, I should go think about supper. Have lots of do tonight and have to fit some exercise in there as well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Philippe de St-Denis said...

How important is it ti you to have a female gp? Cuz mine ins male, but works wikked close to where you live and is still taking new patients.

9:38 am, April 28, 2007  
Blogger Irrylyn said...

That is ridiculous. I hate to say it but I am glad I tossed that doc when I did. Wish mine was taking new patients cause he is incredible, but maybe Lulu's got a good one?

12:12 pm, April 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home