Thursday, July 19, 2007

Anality Bites: The Major Motion Picture

A fave blogger of mine suggested that everyone try this question, so I thought – why not? And oh, how interesting. It starts with
If your life was a soundtrack, what would the music be?

Here’s how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod, etc.)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that is playing
5. new question – press the next button
6. don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

So here is one possible soundtrack for – Anality Bites

Opening Credits:
“Hell is Living without You” by Ozzy Ozbourne
What an interesting opener. It sets the movie as a possible chick flick with obviously a break-up to begin the tale that leaves the heroine feeling lost and confused.
I can't find your face in a thousand masqueraders
You're hidden in the colors of a million other lost charades
In life's big parade
I'm the loneliest spectator
Cuz you're gone without a trace in a sea of faceless imitators


Waking Up:
"Brave New Girl" by Britney Spears
She wants a good time, no need to rewind, she needs to really really find what she wants
An appropriate beginning song – suggesting that I have a lifetime to find myself, to have some fun and despite my innocent appearances, there is a underlying sexuality to me, a need to be just a little different. How true.

First Day at School:
"Unwell" by Matchbox 20
Wow does that capture school for me – always being a little different from any specific clique, having friends in every group, but not belonging.

Falling in Love:

"Call me When You’re Sober" by Evanescence
Okay – totally freaky. My first few lovers were – well not drunks, but they were not the best for me and while it took me awhile to let them go, but I did. I made the break and never looked back.
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind.


Breaking Up:
"Evening Rain" by Moby
I close my eyes
It doesn't work
I can hear tomorrow

Despite my experience with breaking up, I still find it the hardest thing to go through. And when I am sad, I like to play really sad music, preferable with haunting music. This song works well.

Prom:
"Walk Through the Fire" by Scooby Gang and Sweet (Once More, With Feeling)
I touch the fire and it freezes me.
I look into it and it’s black

I never went to prom in High School. I went in Jr. High and while I wore pink (shudder), it was okay. But High School was a different story. There were twins in my High School and naturally, I had a crush on one of them. They made my years there – well, let’s just say not pleasant. So when Prom came up, mom and I went searching for a dress. Oh and we found a beautiful dress – a black strapless dress with a white trim at the top, fitted, and it was gorgeous. Except I developed breasts in Grade 5 and by High School, they were…ample and so the dress didn’t fit over them. I was so in love with the dress and I raved about it, but mom knew how hard it would be to ‘add’ to the bust line. She and dad offered instead to take me out to dinner, just the three of us. I think we also did a movie. But I loved the offer (me and the parents alone) and took it instead. Have never regretted going. But obviously this song suggests that maybe I should have. (I should also note that I have never wanted to go to any reunions either – thankfully, my class is not organized to think of planning this).

Life’s Okay:
"Shadow" by Britney Spears
Wow, think my life is full of loneliness and lost love. Hmmmm. Maybe my life is only good when I am suffering tragedy...okay, let’s move on to something different.

Mental Breakdown:
"Take Me Home" by Phil Collins
A sing about just accepting what comes, letting it be and going home where things are comfortable and safe. Yeah, perfect for a breakdown.

After the Rain:
"Closing Time" by Leonard Cohen
All the women tear their blouses off
and the men they dance on the polka-dots
and it's partner found and it's partner lost
and it's hell to pay when the fiddler stops
It's closing time

Everytime it rains, I get the urge to run out and spin naked in the rain, letting the water wash away my worries. Must be my Scorpio nature.

Driving:
"A Different Kind of Love Song" by Cher
A rockin’ techno-beat, the goddess Cher’s often imitated voice and the not so mushy lyrics give you a perfect driving song. Her album Believe was often in my cd player when I was out tearing up the town.

Flashback:
"The Sad But True Story Of Ray Mingus, The Lumberjack Of Bulk Rock City, And His Never Slacking Stribe In Exploiting The So Far Undiscovered Areas Of The Intention To Bodily Intercourse From The Opposite Species Of His Kind, During Intake Of All The Mental Condition That Could Be Derived From Fermentation" by Rednex
This song often gets stuck in my head for days. Mind you, how could it not with lyrics such as:
You will be my lover, but not my tender wife
I'll be harder than your husband, I'll be harder than your man
I'll hit you with my twenty inch until you can not stand

Ahhh, I remember these times so well. Loved the song when I first heard, love it now. And look – it’s a flashback to sex. Story of my life here, remember?

Getting Back Together:
"Bootylicious" by Destiny’s Child
What exactly does this mean - According to Beyonce: "Beautiful, bountiful, and bounce-able." Sure, I guess that covers what it means to get back together – the sex is beautiful, bountiful and bounce-able. Yeah, that works. Heehee.

Wedding:
"Hips Don’t Lie" by Shakira
And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection

I love this song and video. It always gets me moving and would definitely be on a wedding soundtrack if I had the choice.

Birth of a Child:
"Nothing But You" by Kim Feron (Buffy Soundtrack)
Perhaps that is why I have chosen thus far to be childless and yet, often think should I or should I not?
Well I’ve got plenty of time
Time to figure it out
Time to think about you and me
Whatever that was all about
Got nothing to prove
Got nothing to say
No I’m guessing I never thought you were good for me anyway
Got nothing to lose
Nothing but you
Oooo, nothing but you
Yeah, n-n-nothing


Final Battle:
"Maneater" by Nelly Furtado
Trust me to have a Final Battle song about sex and the other person not being able to handle it. I have often been told that once you get past my natural shyness, I am an extremely intense person. Some people just can’t handle intense. Their loss.
And when she walks she walks with passion
when she talks, she talks like she can handle it
when she asks for something she means it

And the Final Battle should be something that you put your all into.

Death Scene:
"Riders on the Storm" by The Doors
And I follow the final battle with music from a man who died early because of his own intensity.
Into this house we're born,
Into this world we're thrown,
Like a dog without a bone,
An actor out on loan,
Riders on the storm.


Funeral Song:
"Insensitive" by Jann Arden
Isn’t that what is left after death - all the questions that never got answered?
How do you cool your lips after a summer's kiss?
How do you rid the sweat after the body bliss?
How do you turn your eyes from a romantic glare?
How do you block the sound of a voice you'd know anywhere?

How do you numb your skin after the warmest touch?
How do you slow your blood after the body rush?
How do you free your soul after you've found a friend?
How do you convince your heart it's a crime to fall in love again?


End Credits:
"One More Night" by Phil Collins
And despite all the pain and tragedy, at the end of it all, I beg for just one more night, one more chance to do all that I want, need to still do. At the end, what I have to show is a love that is uncertain, that is still seeking, that is still unrequited. Yes, sometimes I have often thought that this was the moral of my life.
One more night, one more night
I've been trying ooh so long
To let you know
Let you know how I feel
And if I stumble if I fall,
Just help me back
So I can make you see


Interesting. Guess it is true that you can tell alot about a person from what the music they listen to. And now that you all know some of my guilty secrets when it comes to music, good night.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home