Thursday, February 21, 2008

We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance

And following along the Japanese theme (the above is a Japanese proverb), I don’t know how many of my friends watch Ellen, but she introduced her fans to the following video and it is the funniest game show. Have a watch and be amazed by the feats the Japanese go to for entertainment.



In other news, if you have been eagerly awaiting my next post, I broke down and did the unthinkable (well to me anyway). I reformatted my computer so that I could get rid of the shite that had been gathering on it for quite a while. I have been resistant to doing this, despite the whole ‘clean slate’ thing and it was A LOT of work to get prepped and yet after all of that, I still managed to agree to reformat before realizing that I had forgotten to write down all of my email addresses. So if you are one of my wonderful friends who occasionally corresponded with me via email, please feel free to drop me an email hello so I can reestablish my contact list. Sighhhh. Of course, it also means that I need to do all of my windows updates… again. Currently there are 91 updates being installed while I type this. That sucks! However, the computer looks so different now. It’s not a new computer, not a new operating program and some of my basic programs have been installed, but it just looks different. It is amazing how you can get so used to looking at the same thing.

Aside – the cat is absolutely driving me nuts tonight. I have no idea what is in her bonnet, but goodness is she talkative tonight. Why does she always see the need to fill the silence when I am enjoying it? Arghhhh!

Back to the computer – the best thing that happened with the reformat (aside from ‘clean slate’) is that I snagged more ram. Yeah! Everything runs soooooo much better with more ram. (whoohoo! 12 installed, only several more to go.)

Neat event happened this past Monday. D and I took it off to go for our Valentine’s dinner and we stopped by Ikea – get this, we walked out, having spent less than $10. I know, what the?!? I too was amazed. In fact, I am still amazed. Mind you, I still have to measure the window and if the measurements are good (I don’t think they are going to be, but I am hopeful), then there is a $50 item we want. But still, that’s less than $100. Still amazing.

Bad news for all my friends, tonight I officially finished eating all of the peanut butter squares that were in the freezer. They are all gone. Good news – I think I have most of the fixins to make some more. Heehee.

I want to thank the Hat for seeing my plea and inviting me to dinner this week. It was most appreciative and as always, I had a wonderful time with you. I’m sorry the rumor wasn’t true, thereby not making your night even more enjoyable… Heehee.

Whoohoo – 54 installed. Over 50% done!

I have been thinking… (a dangerous past time… I know.) My depressive tendencies have been quite active lately, much to my dismay. And I know a lot of it stems from that green-eyed sin that I think after lust, really is my downfall. I know there is so much good in my life and yet, a part of me is rebelling against myself, using everyone else as a measuring stick to base myself against. It’s wrong, it’s stupid and yet, I can’t seem to help myself. I feel like I am missing out on so much because of beliefs I have decided to follow. For example – I don’t drink. If I can’t have a good time being sober, then why bother? Do I want to view the event through the illusion of a drink or twelve? Most of the time, I have quite a bit of fun without drinking. I am pretty good at going with the flow with a lot of stuff and while I won’t say I am not without inhibitions, I can say that sometimes, I can be A LOT of fun. Lately, it seems a few people are on that ‘alcohol would make you a funner person’ kick. It’s like my not drinking bothers them and so despite my beliefs, they get rather adamant that I have a drink or that I try a drink or that someday, I just gosh darn it drink. Am I really not that fun anymore? Or is there something at the events that is holding me back from having fun? Ahhh, that is the question now, isn’t it?

Wait, have to restart computer… again, and again, and again… Why did I choose to reformat again? Are we done yet? Nope. Restart, restart, restart… wait – can it be? Yeah! There are no more updates to do as of today. Whoohoo! Let the dancing begin!

Okay, back to writing… let’s leave the self-evaluation for another time. It’s time for my election theories… duh, duh, duhhhhhhh… okay, I have none. I have looked at the candidates in my ward. I actually have four, though I only found out about the Green Party candidate on BT this morning and I am pretty sure she is known by friends of mine and I promised last time I would never vote for her. If I hadn’t promised then, I would have promised this year, cause what a pathetic summary she gave. In fact, I have to wonder about the Green Party – do they not help their party members at all with talking in public?!? They shouldn’t all sound like some doufus off the street. And I certainly didn’t appreciate her answer of “the Green party can’t be summarized in a couple of statements, you need to go to greenparty.ca.” No honey, the truth is you can’t summarize it because you have NO idea what you are representing. The unfortunate bit was that the NDP person could not appear this morning and so I have NO idea what he stands for or what he looks like. I have only received info from the incumbent (a Liberal) and I got a call from someone who works for the PC candidate. Nothing from Green party and nothing from NDP. However, because this election is as lame as it ever is, I already know whom I am voting for as I am voting by party. I believe I ended up voting the same way last provincial election because again, the individual choices were not exactly stellar. So while I would love to give you a wonderful rant about the politics agoin’ on, I am afraid I can’t. There is just nothing exciting happening. Sighhhh.

Good news – the reformatting has caused the top line of my blog to be in English again!!! Yeah!

Thanks J for recognizing my depths of despair and commiserating with me. Most appreciative.

So I will leave you with this thought:
The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half-inch eraser – in case you thought optimism was dead.
Robert Brault

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home