Thursday, March 06, 2008

Well now, isn’t that interesting…

I am tired today. I am tired of cooking, tired of cleaning, tired of working, tired of eating junk, tired of clutter, just tired. So instead of doing any of those things, I am writing a new entry.

So what’s going on? Not much. I go to work, go home, do chores, eat and sleep. Weekends, I try to get together with friends, try to sleep in, do chores, eat and try not to shop. I know, it is an exciting life. Heehee. There is other stuff going on, but it’s nothing to be talked about.

Just a point to make - the Progressive Conservatives received about 52% of the votes in Monday's election and yet they have 88% of the seats. Can anyone else see how this does not come across as very representative of the population? And 42% of people voted - what the heck?!? To those 58% who didn't vote - The weather wasn't that bad and yeah, your vote could have made a difference and if I hear one word out of your mouth that complains about the government, I am shoving the flyer and/or the section in the Journal that explained to you the how, when, etc of voting down your throat. You didn't vote, you have no right to open your mouth and complain. Me, on the other hand, I have every right in the world to complain about how NOTHING Ed stated in his campaign had any relevance to the 4 years he is in office. I don't give a crap what Ed thinks should happen in 2050. We have problems now, Ed has been told by a review committee how to deal with a lot of these issues and if I had connections to Arnie, I would first get the California Senator to beat the crap out of Ed and then tell him how to show some respect for our environment and our people.

Some interesting things to note – my horoscope the other day said
As you get older you are drawn more and more to spiritual matters. It is not so much that you are embracing any particular religion, but more that you are quite curious about the supernatural and some of the ancient arts.

So what do I find on milady’s blog today (since I haven’t been online in ages)? A quiz about what religion best represents your beliefs. Below are my results. I think it is very interesting what is my highest scores and what is the lowest. Anyone who knows my beliefs knows how anti-“religious establishment” I am due primarily to experiences with those who follow Catholicism and Jehovah’s Witness. So I found this very interesting.

The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (85%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (79%)
4. New Age (77%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (70%)
6. Liberal Quakers (69%)
7. Jainism (63%)
8. Secular Humanism (63%)
9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (61%)
10. Reform Judaism (59%)
11. Taoism (56%)
12. Hinduism (54%)
13. Orthodox Quaker (52%)
14. New Thought (51%)
15. Scientology (50%)
16. Sikhism (49%)
17. Bahá'í Faith (38%)
18. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (34%)
19. Nontheist (34%)
20. Orthodox Judaism (29%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (21%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (21%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (19%)
24. Islam (18%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (14%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (9%)
27. Roman Catholic (9%)

So that is all for now. It is almost out of the peak times, so I can do my laundry and think about supper and maybe get up to date on so many things around me in my office. The good news is my desk is 90% clean, the filing is 90% done and I am only 30% freezing in here. Yeah!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home