Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nobody ever suspects me...

Ed Stalmach is a bloody idiot. Oh I know, that is not really news, but he supposedly down played the killing of 500 birds in the ‘oil sands’ by saying that 20,000 birds are killed annually in wind turbines, so it is not that big of a deal. What the?!? It’s days like these when I wonder why I didn’t get a job as a political assassin.

No, instead I get to be a quality assurance person. I get to be the person who is the bearer of bad news, the ‘let the air out of your sails’ person, the one who uses words like ‘incident’, ‘situation’, ‘concern’, ‘problem’ and ‘dilemma.’ Don’t get me wrong. Most of the time I love the ferreting out of a situation and seeing how it started and grew and finding a solution. But sometimes, just sometimes, I feel like everyone sees me as the bad person and I notice they flinch each time I knock.

Lately, I have spent a lot of time ferreting out little situations and trying to resolve them. And of course, when only a part of the surrounding staff has a problem, the rest get annoyed when you have to address all of them to make sure that everyone is on the same page. I feel bad to a certain point about the people who are having difficulties, but what annoys me more is the person who comes over to whine at me that she shouldn’t have to deal with this crap because she understands, when in reality, she has greater problems to be dealt with than some of the others. Sighhhh.

I think I am losing my mind just a bit. I found a pair of my socks in the living room (understandable, they were from yesterday), I found a pair of socks in the office (I believe those are from Tuesday), but I also found a pair on the tool shelf and I can’t think of when I put those there or how long they have been there. Or why they were there in the first place? Hmmmm…

Did you watch Supernatural last week? If not, it was quite amusing, though the theme song has been playing in my head quite a bit since I watched it. “Ghost – Ghostfacers!” Heehee.

Oops – sounds like the laundry is done - guess I should move along and change it around. Yeah – that means it is almost bedtime. Whoohoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home