Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bring Him Home

This song has been playing for so long in my head now. I had to track it down on the Internet because the only copy I have is on cassette and there is no cassette player near my computer unless you count the Walkman. Now I have several of the songs playing in the background and it is amazing the visual my memories have playing in my head. A long ago friend, Cindy (also know for introducing me to new country music) introduced me to this play/musical and this was the first musical I saw. We had awesome seats in the first balcony. You can never really lose that sensation of being in a theatre and hearing the songs and how it grabs you. Bring him home was such an emotional song for me and I think it was my favorite from the first hearing. My next favorite would be On my own. I think because I understand the imagination that goes with that song. I know the feeling of day dreaming with such detail that it seems almost real and how that thought can save you from the desolation that plagues you in reality. But reality never goes far and while the thought can save you, it is only temporary. All the songs are amazing and if you haven’t seen it in person, I strongly recommend it.

Anyway, I know it has been a few days, er, weeks since I last wrote. I guess I could summarize for you. Lost again in the Fuj Memorial. Tied for first with 3 other teams – out of 4 teams. 1 team lost every game and 1 team skunked which made them the winners. Sighhhh.

My office is a mess. Nice person that I am, I gave the dresser I was using in my office away to my brother’s friend. The intention a few weeks ago was to obtain something instead, but since he didn’t reply back until 2 days before he wanted it, I didn’t think he still wanted it. Oops! So now everything that was in/on the dresser is now all over my floor. You can fit a lot of stuff in a 5-drawer dresser. And of course, I do not know if I am going to be able to find something to replace it. I may have to build something and goodness knows with me that could take awhile.

Speaking of making things – all the material is cut out for the curtains. I just need to thread my machine and sew. How long have I been working on that? Heehee.

The Home Show was interesting this year (thanks S! for lending us the parking space). However, the whole reason I wanted to go was the green space and due to a lack of decent markings, we totally missed the hall with the green space in it. Shite!

Had a great rant about the First Nation who are trying to say their chief, 100 years ago, was underpaid by the government for land they sold that is now part of south Edmonton. The Supreme Court said it wasn’t even worth having a trial for. Goodness, was I peeved me for several days. Poor fave coworker got to get the majority of my rants. I have thoughts about it still and the fact that the most common response should be duh! When doesn’t the government try to get a deal buying the land so they can sell it at a profit? Heck, what person doesn’t do that? Have you heard of flipping? Anyway, they want money, of course. Not that the government even recognizes their first nation anymore since they disbanded in the 1890’s. Yes, 1890’s – I didn’t type that wrong. Sheesh. And if the government did decide to pay them, then there is no inflation, no interest, nothing the like. If it should have been $0.25 more an acre, then they get $0.25 per acre. And if that adds up to $25, then that’s all they get. You had more than ample time to bring this up which is why there is a statute of limitations. Of course that would bring me to my other rant about certain people expecting extra privileges because of their ancestors’ past. But don’t get me started on that one.

Has anyone tried Mucho Burrito yet? Goodness, I heard about this new place opening in Edmonton and with my passion for Mexican food, I sooooooo want to try it. It looks nummy and decently priced.

Motivation time – at work, I am doing a side project for an upcoming workshop that little boss volunteered for. I was voluntold to get some information on motivational speakers and I came across Troy Payne. He has a blog post called Life is a Bus Ride? It has an interesting premise behind it about life and the people who come and leave. I thought it was an interesting thought and just wanted to share it with everyone.

Work has mostly been quite quiet. Fave coworker was out of the office for pretty much 3 weeks and beyotch was also out for three weeks. So it was very quiet. However, that ahs all changed. Both are back and the latest addition (who will also be leaving soon) is on holidays and she left me a pile of stuff that she never completed. Which annoys the carp out of me because there were lots of days where I was bored out of my gourd and I could have finished them all, but since I had NO idea what she had done, I couldn’t touch. I should have just went with my instinct which said she did nothing, because I would have been pretty much right. Sighhhh.

Anyway, I am feeling tired, so I think I am going to get ready for bed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home